how long?

Do let it sit with the gas on? from the petcock?

Me and giz always turn off our gas no matter what... Just lose less money if you carb starts to leak lol

I have never had to drain fuel. I refuse to use anything other than 93 octane. I even run 93 in my riding lawn mower. I have never had any fuel issues. I have a portable Honda generator that has 2 year old fuel in it. Still fires up and purrs like a kitten.

When I mix a batch of gas I try to only mix enough for the ride.

I if it is to sit for over a month I drain and use in an old lawn mower.

The only time I turn off the petcock is when I have to remove the hose from the carby.

A cleaned and well maintained carby should never leak, that is why I am able to leave the petcock in the on position.

I have never had to drain fuel. I refuse to use anything other than 93 octane. I even run 93 in my riding lawn mower. I have never had any fuel issues. I have a portable Honda generator that has 2 year old fuel in it. Still fires up and purrs like a kitten.

Speaking of old fuel in a generator....

My brother has worked all week, and they started blowing fuses in the house they were working on. So he brought our generator over (hasnt been used in 3 years, no fresh fuel) And it started second pull! It would have the first but it moved when he pulled it lol.

Those hondas.... They run forever!

We had our foreman sitting all winter, 4 month old gas. We charged the battery and it started right up! Little choke, but they all need that I:I

i let it go for a year if it actually sits that long if it does i siphon it out and put it into what ever else needs gas like my rider or my truck and it takes it all. but yea id feel bad if its 93 octane and id have to drain it after a month or however long and not use it in something else.

The main reason I replace gas is that I run a heavy concentration of Castor oil and it tends to come out of suspension after a few weeks.

Most 4 poke engines will run pretty well on old gas.