how high can you raise the handlebars without bindage

coggonbrien

Oct 12, 2010
Iowa
going to make spacers for my blaster's handlebar, any ideas how i can going without binding cables/wires?

Thanks,
David

sweet, i was hoping to get 3" out of it and i trailride/through corn/soybean fields so i need full travel for turning

i believe +1 and +1 1/2 have been done, but doubting + 3 will work without at least moving the cable splitter up, the bottoms seem to have enuf play to allow more for the top, if i remember correctly since going hydro on both blasty's

i have 1" raisers and i have no problem. im hearing anything over 2" wouldnt be good for raisers bc tere would be too much pressure on the bolts. unless u get a shee stem or mod the stock stem. theres a DIY on how to cut the bar and add a tubing with a little welding

Image0047.jpg

Image0046.jpg

Image0045.jpg

Image0044.jpg

i used another set of standard bar clamps, turned then upside down, put another set over the top and used longer bolts, also have the hi rise bars, much better! clamps give about 1" i polished the clamps up on a buffing wheel.

remember, the angle the steering column sits at...the higher you go, the closer you bring the bars towards you. so three inch will leave u sitting with with your elbows stabbing you into the guts when you turn

Reactions: WRE_Blaster
raising the bars isnt gonna increase ur turnings but itll give u better control of the bike depending on the rider. most taller guys do this mod. u can wheelie easier and when u stand while riding u really have better height with the bars so gives u better comfort. less fatigue at the end of a ride. its huge difference u should try it. get sum used handle bar clamps and stick them in there. need longer bolts tho. theres a DIY on it

did you take into account that the top clamps are not symmetrical? rather they have one side that is thicker than the other, they should only be fitted one way