How Do YOU Start Your Blaster?

BlasterMaster15

Jan 23, 2011
New jersey
Ive seen so many different ways people start their quads and i always hear about it from what i do. what do you do?

full choke
half choke
no choke
little throttle
full throttle
no throttle
holding clutch in gear
no clutch in neutral
clutch in neutral
full slow kicks
fast partial kicks
starting fluid
starting not on the quad from the side
bump starting
punching the throttle while kicking it
turning off kill switch halfway through kick
taking off the seat and covering the filter while kicking
telling someone else to do it

these are some ways ive heard of people doing it. me personally i hld the clutch in neutral and push in the throttle while kicking it

Whats your technique?

I turn on the key and hit the "start" button... oh you said quad... you didn't specify blaster...

My blasty needs full choke in the winter and no choke in the summer but the process is the same. I don't leave my quad in gear but I pull in the clutch anyway... I choke depending on the temperature and give it a firm kick but no throttle.

It sometimes starts on the first kick if I judged the temperature and need for choke correctly, always on the second kick. If it isn't running and I've kicked it three times, I start to look for reasons why.... mine never takes three kicks unless something is wrong.

Reactions: BlastieSa
get out of the habit of gassing the bike while ur kicking it at the same time, u do that on a 4-stroke you will blow the cases apart

Turn the gas on. Hit the switch to run. Then I slowly push down the kick start with my foot till I feel the piston start to come up on the compression stroke. I let the kicker return then give it a good kick.

turn gas on get the piston top dead center then kick the darn thing

Turn gas on, choke half, kick 3-4 times. If not started (rare), turn choke off and kick.

the big bore 4-strokes really suck to kick, dislocated my hip once kicking over a ktm 525, the rebound the kicker had soo much compression and it popped it straight up

The CR 250R that I had was a PITA to kick start because how tall it sat. Had a little stubby rode for your foot. My foot would slip off alot and the end of the kicker would always would get me in the side of the foot or ankle. They would know when I've been ridding when I came into work because I would be limping.

Give 2 kicks with gas on kill off. In neutral pull clutch choke( depends on weather) give bout 1/4 throttle kick start warm up for 20 sec pull clutch rev throttle while realessing clutch put in gear completely realesse clutch ride it like I stole it

heres what i used to do... turn on the key, turn on my gas, pull my choke all the way out, push the gas 3 times, then kick it. 2nd kick it always started then i would let it warm up a little bit, drop the choke and let the engine get warm, then go ride. and alex90... side kick bikes suck even more

Just like SIcivicdude. Couldn't have worded it better, haha.
Not to get off subject, but anyone tried kicking over a Zilla(LT500)?:D