How do I make my Blaster quieter

Scott Palmer

Nov 26, 2018
Hi, guys, I have a 2001 Yamaha Blaster that has a stock exhaust and I get noise complaints. They don't take this lightly and my blaster will get impounded one day soon. I need a muffler that is cheap fast. I saw a couple of posts on here saying I should get a TURBINE CORE FMF muffler and was just coming here to see if that was the right choice. LMK any way that I could make my Blaster quieter, please. LMK

Last edited:
Hi, guys, I have a 2001 Yamaha Blaster that has a stock exhaust and I get noise complaints. They don't take this lightly and my blaster will get impounded one day soon. I need a muffler that is cheap fast. I saw a couple of posts on here saying I should get a TURBINE CORE FMF muffler and was just coming here to see if that was the right choice. LMK any way that I could make my Blaster quieter, please. LMK
I think that repacking the muffler will help LMK tho.

I would try that first. You can use genuine packing, fiberglass house insulation (?) or stainless steel pot scrubbers. Could also try eztendiex the outlet down towards the ground. Don't think you can get flexible exhaust tube small enough to fit so my suggestion would be either heater hose or hydraulic hose.

Odds are no matter what someone will complain

I would try that first. You can use genuine packing, fiberglass house insulation (?) or stainless steel pot scrubbers. Could also try eztendiex the outlet down towards the ground. Don't think you can get flexible exhaust tube small enough to fit so my suggestion would be either heater hose or hydraulic hose.

Odds are no matter what someone will complain
Yea I think I’m going to use something I found online also i have to figure out how to get the muffler off loll do u know where the connection point is ?

My tablet does wacky things. Should have said extending the outlet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sta...oid-sprint-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I've used these in two different Banshee exhaust and the Fat Bastard on my Blaster.

I am confused on how to repack the stock blaster muffler because by screws are stuck on there if you have any information the please hmu. I just need the quietest exhaust setup there is ever lol this sound is making my neighbors crazy and have had the cops at my house while warming it up in my backyard. Please msg back with a few links and what you think is the best if you don't know that's fine just lmk what you think. Have a good day/ Night. And thanks again. (Larry's Shee)