how do i install this voltage regulator?!?

manchairred

Mar 16, 2010
The Netherlands / Holland
Hey people,

i need some help installing this voltage regulator i've got for my blasters 12 volt battery,
right now the stator is running about 18 volts, so i bought this voltage regulator so it can keep it around 12/13 volts,

but here's the problem:

the regulator only got 2 wires?! 1 black (ground) 1 yellow (going between the battery wire red/yellow one)
doesnt it need 1 more wire so i can put the regulator between the battery wire? (the red/yellow one)

here's a picture of it:
spanningsregelaar.jpg

i had a regulator like that before, but not on a blaster.
and the wires on it were for spilcing into the stator leads, it self grounds with the bolt in the center, didnt it come with a wiring diagram???, and do a search, but if i'm not mitaken you have to float some ground??? down in the stator to add a battery charging system

no manual, the seller wrote on the back of the package:

black = ground
yellow = stator

thats it,

but my question is:
Does the voltage regulator work when i connect the yellow wire onto the stator wire. and the black wire onto the frame? doesnt it need an output and input wire?

knip de plus draad door strip de twee einden aan strip ook de gele draad aan draai ze in elkaar soldeertin er op krimpkous er omheen krimpen met een aansteker of fohn dan zwarte draad op je frame vastmaken en dan'lekker rijdenI:II:I

knip de plus draad door strip de twee einden aan strip ook de gele draad aan draai ze in elkaar soldeertin er op krimpkous er omheen krimpen met een aansteker of fohn dan zwarte draad op je frame vastmaken en dan'lekker rijdenI:II:I

Ya what he said!^^^ I have no idea!

He says nip off the extra wire, solder the yellow wire to your harness and heat shrink it. Ground the black wire to the frame and the drive.

Free Translation | Online Text Translator

rough translation...

Oh, and no the voltage regulator does not need an input and output, it regulates the voltage by becoming a short to ground for any voltage above ~13 VAC. Once the voltage drops back down, the circuit reopens. In this way, the stator output is grounded down to ~13 volts all the time.

no, i'd say stator is yellow, and the black goes to the battery, the center hole grounds it and bleeds the extra voltage to ground, connect the yellow wire to the stator output, bolt it to the frame thru the center hole, and see what voltage is coming off the black wire

just read the translation, that sounds logical, but i'd check it anyway

Reactions: little3mil
Oh, and no the voltage regulator does not need an input and output, it regulates the voltage by becoming a short to ground for any voltage above ~13 VAC. Once the voltage drops back down, the circuit reopens. In this way, the stator output is grounded down to ~13 volts all the time.

Hey thanks, this is what i needed to know!
I'm glad you guys are here to help, thanks! I:I