How clutch oil makes it way to transmission side???

the whole length of the bolt is 1 inch and the length of the thread only are 15/32. Hope this helps. I dont have my metric caliper with me so i cant get the metric measurments right now.

yep... it would help alot if i coulod find the actual length of a stock oil drain bolt just to compare if i got the right one and something else could be wrong. but for now i'll make a shorter one and go from there...

i'm in the middle of a full A/M clutch basket/clutch plates rebuild and waiting on a new inner hub to arrive, my drain bolt is layin in the parts pan, i'll see if i can get there tomorrow to measure it, with pics of it and the hole into the case with and without it

i dont have any pics, but my drain bolt goes in just as much as yours does. And i posted the measurments above. Sorry i only have the standard measurements. I only have my standard calipers and machinists rule. Left my metric ones back home.

ya i looked at mine while it was threaded in the hole, but i couldnt see it very well. I didnt see a gap between the bolts threads and the case, but there ight actually be a small gap. Maybe enough to allow oil flow or enough to leave that oil feed hole open.

well got the new oil drain plug from yamaha.... and once in and tight it still blocks off that one hole at the bottom to allow fluid to flow through..

it's the right plug but im still completly confused as to how the oil get from the clutch side of the engine into the trans side...

after further thought i see a hole half way up the case in your pic above, could that be to allow a certain amount of fluid to remain in the gear box, then when you remove the plug both the gearbox and clutch cover drain ????
remember that even though the clutch cover looks gi-normous, but when on, there is very little room in there, same goes for the gearbox, and the .6?? liters needed to fill it and possibly will fill to that middle hole very quickly ????

Last edited:
the hole in the center of the shift shaft spring? Na i thought so to but i looked and it seems bocked off.

here are pics of either side of the clutch case where the oil shoulde be able to pass through... there are no holes at the bottom. once the bearings are all in it just seems like it would be sealed up....

$(KGrHqYOKm8E3doK)v8WBN5U1rZDlQ~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKkQE25JE!YKgBN5U1muGkQ~~_12.JPG

The input shaft bearing and shift drum bearing are one side covered on purpose to retain oil in the transmission area. With all the gears flying around in there, oil isn't laying in the bottom... It's all flying around and mushed in between every gear and flying all over every shaft. The clutch slings the oil up into that little "catcher" to drain it towards the transmission area and then it slings all around dribbling back out even the covered bearings, down through the input shaft, around the output shaft, out the balancer shaft bearing, and slinging all around through everywhere.

Awk is right, even though the cases look pretty big when they're empty... there's not a lot of room in there once everything is installed. 650 mL fills the bottom of the cases up about an inch or so and then the rest is just all slinging around in there coating everything.

here i go dredging an old post i was reading out of curiosity and i have questions also i know this hole goes to the tranny but isnt that small to lube the tranny gears ? where.. and how exactly does the clutch/ tranny fluid make it to the transmission ?????

100_2267.jpg

thanks for the pic sporty982000