how can i make my ranger loud?

01blaster4life

Aug 19, 2009
central pa
Whats the cheapest way to make my 2.5L 2000 ford ranger as loud as possible, but still pass inspection soooo i gotta keep that cat., what are your guys suggestions?

cut the exhaust just behind the door, and make a custom bent pipe that runs out the side un muffled, haha that should do it, my neighbor did it to his diesle and it sounds sick.

cut the exhaust just behind the door, and make a custom bent pipe that runs out the side un muffled, haha that should do it, my neighbor did it to his diesle and it sounds sick.

thats a diesel this is some little ranger. this kid in my school has his straight piped and it sounds retarted.. it too dumps out behind the cab

i beleave he said LOUDEST EXHAUST.. glass pack, cherry bomb, or flowmaster will not make it louder than straight pipe..

you realy wanna make racket.. cut muffler out, and puet pipe in its place, adapt the pipe down to the smallest exhaust pipe you can find, like 1 7/8ths or smaller..

Glass packs sound good on a ranger. There have been a few around my area that have done it. They are cheap and have good sound

someones gotta help me understand what the fuk would you wanna do that for,
i heard no comments on performance gains, just - i wanna be loud so everyone looks at me????????? major WTF
dye your hair pink, you'll get lots of attention, and no tickets
again....WTF

loud vehicles aren't near as fun as you might think. cop magnet. i drive camaro's too tho so i'm screwed no matter what, but dude keep that 4 banger quiet for the sake of everyone else on the road.

/\/\/\/\/\/\ take a tip from brandoz, ill bet his bike ain't loud, and look at his avatar, puddy magnet!!!!!

I would say cut the muffler out and put a straight pipe in. I live in pa also and you can gut the cat out, so its straight through and it'll still pass inspection, because it still has the cat and most places won't check if it looks like it has a cat on it. If they do emission testing where you live, that won't work though.

IMO i wouldn't recommend that loud of an exhaust, they can get annoying really quick when your driving it all the time. I would say go for something that will actually sound good, and still not be extremely loud.

IMO i wouldn't recommend that loud of an exhaust, they can get annoying really quick when your driving it all the time. I would say go for something that will actually sound good, and still not be extremely loud.

^^Agreed^^ I used to have a 2.3L Ranger, and I finally decided to have a custom exhaust made for it right after I graduated HS. What I did was weld in a high-flow cat, and install a Flowmaster Super 44 single inlet/single outlet muffler downstream of that. The system was finished off with with a Ligtning-style dual outlet tip that exited right in front of the right rear tire.

The Super 44 muffler and high-flow cat gave that 2.3 engine a nasty growl that didn't have the annoying 'buzz' of a glasspack at speed. I could drive around all day and not get sick of the exhaust note. The truck ran great, never threw any codes, and wasn't loud enough to attract the attention of local assholes. Furthermore, it was still emissions-legal and passed inspection with flying colors every time. The whole setup didnt run me but about $ 250.00 in parts. DAMN, I wish I hadn't wrecked that truck last winter!! :(