honda 200x

yes se-r

Aug 6, 2009
Long Island, NY
anyone know anything about these? im buying one from my boss (an 86 for $300)

i have two other trikes already, a 86 200atc and an 87 suzuki 185 so i have experience with them.

but i cant seem to find forums on them

i had an 87 200x back in the day, sweet ride!!!!

it's odd to hear of a 200x that doesnt run right, unless someone has majorly messed with it. They used to be a popular race class, thats where the blaster class originated. The ama rule that 200 class be aircooled came from people destroking and sleeving 250r's down to 200cc.

ya well he has 2 of 'em, doing the same exact thing. lol he changed the carb out on one and it didn't help it any, so don't really know, he is pretty good with bikes, but I don't think he has really broken 'em down.

buying any honda 3 wheeler that cheap u cant go wrong all u need is a quart of oil and a gallon of gas and u can ride the whole weekend lol

remove the front fender to help cooling.the biggest killer on this 3 wheeler is over heating and losing ring tension.This causes it to burn oiland smoke excessivly.

there is no need to remove the front fender... slot it or drill it.. or just buy a 85/86 250r front fender, they look much better and dont go down as far..

as for running for 30 seconds and dieing... check the tanks for rust, common problem, or clooged fuel filter, or partly clooged...

200cc 5 speed, air cooled, low tech dead nuts reliabable 4 stroke, exatly add gas and go rock the wheels off it all day long, BTW aboutt eh front fender i call bs.. iv owned 3 of them.. 2 85s and my white 84..alll had front fenders there whole lifes and none of them smoked .. well my 84 did but it way fuel,

dg hardchrome, or dg rcm rcm2 exhausts are great on them, cobra's are junk.. loud and no power, honda xr200 carb and cam are direct swaps and well worth the power..

powroll usedto make big bore kits for them, but havent forever, and now and then one comes up for sale... but not cheap... westcoast usedto make swinngers for them, but also dont any more... BUT ya really dont need a extended swinger on one

Reactions: yes se-r
there is no need to remove the front fender... slot it or drill it.. or just buy a 85/86 250r front fender, they look much better and dont go down as far..

as for running for 30 seconds and dieing... check the tanks for rust, common problem, or clooged fuel filter, or partly clooged...

200cc 5 speed, air cooled, low tech dead nuts reliabable 4 stroke, exatly add gas and go rock the wheels off it all day long, BTW aboutt eh front fender i call bs.. iv owned 3 of them.. 2 85s and my white 84..alll had front fenders there whole lifes and none of them smoked .. well my 84 did but it way fuel,

dg hardchrome, or dg rcm rcm2 exhausts are great on them, cobra's are junk.. loud and no power, honda xr200 carb and cam are direct swaps and well worth the power..

powroll usedto make big bore kits for them, but havent forever, and now and then one comes up for sale... but not cheap... westcoast usedto make swinngers for them, but also dont any more... BUT ya really dont need a extended swinger on one

sweet thanks for the info. and fail now i have to buy new tires. i was hoping i can use my blasty wheels and tires. unless i get the same pattern but an 8" rim and swap the razrs over..hmm

Actually the 86-87 were six speed and the motor is slightly different. They had slightly different suspension and square tube frames. I have put a lot of time into reading about them as that is my next toy that I NEED LOL.. if you are getting an 86 for that price thats a great deal.. I am watching for a clean one near me :)

sweet thanks for the info. and fail now i have to buy new tires. i was hoping i can use my blasty wheels and tires. unless i get the same pattern but an 8" rim and swap the razrs over..hmm

what size are the wheels on the 200x? it won't be hard to get wheels with the right bolt pattern, honda has, and still uses that 4x110

honestly i have no idea what year it is or even the model. my boss doesnt even know. he said he paid 450 for it and hes selling it to me for 300. im picking it up in a few hours ill post pics. i just searched around and assumed it was a 200x. it is clutch but im not sure how many gears. it has a kickstart and full suspension. as far as the rest i have no clue

200x have a auto clutch on them, at least the 2 I know of do, so you might wanna check a little more before jumping in on the deal if you really want a 200x.