SD
looking for a pair of simple to make cheap nerfbars? well here you go
things you will need
i used a ladder of off a camper that you use to climb up it
electric drill
bolts
camper ladder.
instructions
you will have to cut up the ladder. cut one side of the ladder only the railing part and bend and cut as need. you will have to cut the railing. then you need one step and bolt it to the railing. next you will have to drill a whole thorugh the foot peg to mount one step tothe nerf bars. you will also need to drill a whole through the main railing to mount the other side. next bolt step to the stock heelguards that are there. bolt the other side to the main stock heelguard. make sure both sections are bolted to the heel guards. next you need one STRONG peice of metal to bolt the main railing part to the frame. drill hole on the piece peice. next lay on the top of the frame put the bolt through and put a locking nut on it, get it as tight as you can get it!! next you will have to wrap webbing around each section of the main nerf bar foot area.you are ready to ride!! pictures will be coming once i get out of school for chirstmas break

i got pictures!!!!!!

Attachments

• nerfs.jpg
    nerfs.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,312
  • nerfs3.jpg
    nerfs3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,548
  • nerfs 2.jpg
    nerfs 2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,043
if the ladder i used was stronger i would have just welded tabs on to wrap the webbing around but this stuff you couldnt weld to.

You can buy a 30 yd roll of 1" webbing on ebay for like 5-10 bux . Use fabric glue and some spring clamps to make your webbing . then once the glue sets drill through the webs and then use aluminum rivets to reinforce the loops and the crossings . it helps to use a small washer on the back side of the rivet to keep it from pulling back through the webbing .

I love the idea I'm gona do it on mine I has thinking about using som type of a tow strap an small nut bolts an washers

Maybe you could use window nets off a racecar. They are only about 20 bucks a piece. A little pricy, but definately strong. Great idea BTW!