homemade extended +4 swingarm

NEONNIGHT34609

Dec 19, 2010
FLORIDA
give me your thoughts. good, bad, hurt my feelings i dont mind. i still need to do alittle more clean up and paint but this is pretty much done. would you use it? +4 swinger. the extended inserts go 2 inches into the swing arm on both sides then welded to the stock swinger. i mostly trail ride and dont really get crazy i am to old for that crap.

swinger006.jpg

swinger003.jpg

swinger004.jpg

swinger001.jpg

is it straight? if so i'd run it. maybe not hard core mx racing but i'd run it. i would like to ask why you went through all the trouble of moving the shock mount to the stock location and didnt do the 20 mins of extra work to make it long travel?

Hell yea I'd run it. Those welds look awesome. I say GREAT. Hell, I'd send you mine before tater it looks so good!

(no offense tater, you make some sexy swingarms)

its straight. i like the way my blaster rides and to be honest i didn't know about long travel for blasters. making the shock mount at the factory location was pretty easy and figured it would add strength

the 4+ extension was wire welded but people at my job dont know how to take care of things and the stinger took a sh*t so i had to finish the center shock mount with a stick....

Looks good to me !! Pretty good welds. You do them? Sooner or later I want to do a longer swinger, gotta get a good shock first, plus study up on the extended travel action.

On a side note: on a mig it's usually refered to as the gun or nozzle, stick welder as stinger. If you ever pick one up in the wet you'll know why.

yes i did the welds myself. i was referring to the Gun, Torch, Stinger, Whip,Leads, so on and so forth. not the welder as a whole.I:I have had all the good things that welding has to offer happen to me. including a BAD case of welders flash not fun at all.
Looks good to me !! Pretty good welds. You do them? Sooner or later I want to do a longer swinger, gotta get a good shock first, plus study up on the extended travel action.

On a side note: on a mig it's usually refered to as the gun or nozzle, stick welder as stinger. If you ever pick one up in the wet you'll know why.

Where im from we refer to the tip of a mig and tig tip, or area of arc the stinger. But I can see the referrence to picking up a hot stick welder while soaked would use that name as well. I laughed pretty hard when I read that!