home made atv???

blaster1993

Jul 14, 2009
Ireland
i was watchin American chopper just there and thought that it would be really cool to build my own quad sometime.....
sometime,SOMETIME if i did build 1 it would do it the same as the blaster to be able to fit most parts on but try blend it some looks off a banshee like the front hood and that.....
has any1 ever built there own before?? any pics?

yea but i love metal fab..... id love to do it... pipe bender will have to be a purchase b4 i start... but its only a thought yet...... might not even happen...

if i go into metal fab after school ill most certain build one...and if i dont go into metal fab ill still might do 1.......lol

Idk man. I think you have an IDEA of what your working with. Its not just metal tubing, cutting, welding. There is a great deal of math used for the geometry. Hey if you wanna do it, go ahead but have fun with it. Its going to be a biotch. You have to remember/ suspension geometry, plastics/fender, swingarm, subframe or no subframe. It would take a long time.

start with something easier first...like a custom bumper/grab bar for your blaster, then a full set of skid plates and see how those turn out before you try making a quad

^^i agree with starting simple and then going on to a bigger project

BUT if you do it learn how to tig and make the whole thing outta moly tube. also getting software like bendtech would make your life a lot easier.

btw i'm planning on making my own swinger and possibly a arms as a precurser to building my hopefully 8 sec quarter mile drag car

i agree do some planning first. then after that id say if it seems relistic go for it. cause i had a drema once an i was only 8 wires away from completeing it an see im color blind so i couldnt tell what wire was what an my friends always made fun of me about it. so when they seen how close i was they wouldnt tell me what wire was what so i could prove them wrong that i could finish my dream car. lets say thats when i found out they werent my friends an no longer talk to them. if your wounder what it was it was a 95 mitsubishi mirage wioth the 1st gen 4g63t engine. i made all the custom engine mounts an everything. just the last 8 wires is what stopped me an i ended up junking the car 3 months later cause i couldnt get no help an my parents decided they wanted to move. :(

i have already made up skid plates and i was drawing up some bumpers iswell to day in skul....... only thing is i dont have a pipe bender so my bumper would have to be straight edges....

i really dont think suspension geometry would be critical unless you are putting like a 250R front end on it.. but if you were just gonna copy the blaster frame just take all the measurments cut the frame in the spots where it was weld make a jig for that specfic part and so on and so on get the bender and hammer on of course it will take awhile did anybody see the raptor 250 frame that lonestar made out of chromoly and a sub frame i dont think they changed anything suspension wise except the subframe they added and another set of engine mounts so you could fit 250 rappy motor and another i wonder what the other is for? but i was thinking of doing it but limited money and tools maybe when i get older ill give it a try

ya im kinda the same as you.... im goin on work experience to metal fab shop in a few months so might get to make me a bumper or a grab bar there.....then when i can afford whatever tools i need like a pipe bender i might try a full frame....

i had it all planned out i was pretty much building my own bike i was gonna make my own frames and swingers (LTR250) round carrier beef it up extend out.. use the YFZ 450 front suspension, foot pegs off a raptor 700 and 250R plastics it would be a ton of work but worth it when you can say i built this whole bike my self only part i bought was the plastics and the foot pegs and the axle and carrier and shocks.. but if you got the time.. next year in the winter im gonna try to build front a-arms and swingarm for my q-racer.. but dont let anybody tell you you cant