High rev

Logan fuller

Jan 10, 2011
Ive got a 98 blaster and it wants to rev up REAL high by its self just when its idlein when i pull the clutch all the way in and when its goin! i was told i have a vacuum leak if that is right how do i find it and fix it?? is that the only thing that can be wrong?

it sounds like you have an air leak. get it fixed before you blow it up.

you need a leakdown tester. look on here and find out how to make one, or you can buy one from a user on here. find the leak with it, and then you can fix it

yes its called pre-ignition

Usually caused by too low of octane fuel, an air leak, carbon build up or too hot of a spark plug heat range. The most common cause is low fuel. As the carb gets low it will lean out and that can cause a hot spot in the combustion chamber if the plug is too hot or carbon deposits

I would do a leak down test asap.
In the mean time go with a BR9ES plug and higher octane fuel if you need to use it until you get a chance to test it.

IMO I wouldn't run it at all till you find out what the issue is. There's a link on how to build and use a leak down tester in my sig below. If you don't want to build a tester pm holeshotman to buy one. I believe they are $30?

Ok thanks well all my problems right now relate to that stuff because now it aint gettin fire to the spark plug and i was told that was a bad coil, and i had some carb. problems but i think that thats fixed.