Hi...

jdhuegel1

Oct 31, 2010
Nice site. Figured I'd register and participate since I now have a Blaster. Grew up on a CR125's and a RM500, but been out of that scene for a few years. Picked up the Blaster after riding my brothers 400EX. He wanted someone to ride with and I couldn't pass up a running $800.00 toy.

Needs a little work... mostly tinkering...

Clutch needs adjustment. Lever was out of whack and jerry-rigged. I replaced it to find out internal adjustment is needed. No biggie; figure some fresh oil can't hurt anyway.

Need to remove oil injection. Previous owner was pre-mixing. AND the pump is still hooked up and functional. Surprised there's a mosquito left on the east coast after riding the damn thing. Will go to 32:1 premix after I yank the pump/gear and blockoff.

Need to clean carb and check jets. Has full exhaust. Stock intake. No clue if it was rejetted or not. Might as well get a plug chop. Need a gearbox vent hose. It's missing... and since I get wet from time to time I'd rather not milk up my oil.

Needs a rear brake. Currently there's only front. Need a caliper/pads and cable from foot pedal. And since I can't post in the marketplace........ ;) I'll stick with the mechanical crap until/if I need to upgrade.

No leaks. Topend is new (Wiseco) and aside from the aforementioned it seems to be in good shape. It's right with the 400 around the trails. But if we get a stretch he pulls away. Wasn't expecting anything less. :)

Cheers.

hey bro, good to see a "newbie" here thats not such a newbie, sounds like you have a handle on things and headed in the right direction on the maintenence
oh, and we have a saying around here.....pics or your lying !!!!!!! hahahaaaa

Welcome to the forum Bro!!!
Keep up the good work, you are definitely ON THE RIGHT track.
The rear brakes have numerous possibilities to retrofit, customize, etc.

Definitely get that injection blocked up and some good oil mix running through there. Might as well delete the TORS, if it still exists, while doing other things.

TORS DELETE

Once you get things (ironed) out then we will work on getting you a bit more on that 400's A$$ once the trails open up. I:I

Welcome, be careful when "tinkering" with a blaster, they are notorious for having mod bugs in them, (and they bite hard!). :D

hey bro, good to see a "newbie" here thats not such a newbie, sounds like you have a handle on things and headed in the right direction on the maintenence
oh, and we have a saying around here.....pics or your lying !!!!!!! hahahaaaa

All thanks to the forum. I've been searching/reading here for a while now. Researched before I bought the bike so I knew what I was getting into - and have been reading how to get it running great. Lots of info on here. :D

It's not much to look at really; but I'll get some pics up tonight if I can. Like everything else, I'm sure I'll go overboard modding it. I love building pretty much anything that has a motor. :) But I like to maintain function. I'll keep it clean, but only to get it dirty!

Funny thing: My little brother took me on the trails in my Landrover first. THEN we took out the bikes. Whole different world!

Welcome to the forum Bro!!!
Keep up the good work, you are definitely ON THE RIGHT track.
The rear brakes have numerous possibilities to retrofit, customize, etc.

Definitely get that injection blocked up and some good oil mix running through there. Might as well delete the TORS, if it still exists, while doing other things.

TORS DELETE

Once you get things (ironed) out then we will work on getting you a bit more on that 400's A$$ once the trails open up. I:I

Thanks for the TORS delete link. That's on the list too - I almost forgot. B)

Can't wait to get back out in the dirt, that's for sure!

Welcome, be careful when "tinkering" with a blaster, they are notorious for having mod bugs in them, (and they bite hard!). :D

So I've heard... :D

I don't mind though - I have a problem leaving anything I own in stock form. :-[

Sounds like you know what needs to be done to your quad, so that's good. There are a couple threads about the oil pump block off so I would check that out first and see if that helps. Anyways welcome aboard!

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Seems like a tight community of guys on here. :)

I can't wait to get home and start wrenching. Well... Suppose I'll clean it first since it's a bit muddy. Less chance of getting any crap in the wrong spots if I start with a clean bike ;)

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Seems like a tight community of guys on here. :)

I can't wait to get home and start wrenching. Well... Suppose I'll clean it first since it's a bit muddy. Less chance of getting any crap in the wrong spots if I start with a clean bike ;)

yeah we are tight, no doubt, great group round here. :D

AND, we are NOT okay with 400ex's leavin' us, by no means... B)