Hey!

DeJay1206

Sep 17, 2013
Leechburg, PA
Just wanted to say Hi. It's been a while sine I've been on here and got the urge to get back on and catch up with you guys. My wife gave me permission to rebuild the blaster that's sitting in my basement ripped apart, so I'm sure you'll be hearing from me in the near future.

My wife's pregnant! So that's good news! We're going to find out in a few weeks what we're having.

Hoping all is well here, looking forward to catching up with you guys.

Hey DJ
next concert I see you at, we're gonna have a talk about this "wifes permission" nonsense you speak of o_O
LOL

Reactions: DeJay1206
I had 5 kids, but I was a failure as a father, only one of them ever bought a Blaster...

As for "wife's permission" I told her:
"You may as well keep walking if you think you can boss me around!"
Damn, I really miss her...

Steve (where I live now)

10451136_10153098653310803_1344620745187025968_n.jpg

My wife and I have been house hunting, we live next door to her parents in her grandmother's old house. I told her that when we were going to have a baby we needed to move before the baby came.

We found a rent to own in vandergrift within our budget and applied and got accepted today! We need to replace the hot water tank and I'm going to do it myself, never attempted one before but I can't imagine it'll be rocket science.

Anyway, we're pumped. It's a 3 bedroom and has a detached 2 car garage with rooms upstairs, can you say man cave?! Wood burner will be on my list of "necessary things".

We can't wait, the house is ours and we can do whatever we want to it. We'll have it paid off in 5 years. I'm excited, things are going great. Buying a house and have a baby on the way.

If anybody has advice on hot water tank installation I'm all ears.

Wow, house sounds perfect! I love my wood heat.

If you can keep a Blaster running, a water heater will be a breeze.
The worst problem is where they build them into. They often install them, then build cabinetry around them. When buying one, remember the advertised life has to do with the zinc anode size inside the tank, and often the amount of insulation. Like everything, a better heater is usually more money. Other than that, cold water in the bottom and hot off the top. The pressure blow-off is important, as is how you wire the heater elements. With your skills and reading ability it will be an easy afternoon project with only 8 trips back to the hardware store!

Best of luck to you,

Steve