heres the deal...

Racer.Z.

Dec 9, 2010
wisconsin
pops decided to hook me up with some blaster stuff for x-mas. he bought my cousins blaster and all his blaster parts for 200 bones, its a 98' with sweet plastics(Blue), nerf bars(tusk?) bumber(tusk?),bars(moose), full exhaust(not sure), and hes got a 240 kit still in the box... i have an 88'...(dont laugh lol) with a dg header, and some kinda sileincer... my motor is blown to pieces. now the only thing wrong with his is he "blew the clutch basket" thats what i was told.. so couldnt i just put my clutch basket on his? or buy a nice aftermarket one?and his (my new one) would be ready to go again, and i could have a good base start for a more mx blaster?

it would be a good start.

get a hinson or PE clutch basket, then put together an HD clutch kit, just use stock fibers, replacing the one with a wave washer with a full size one. you'll see what i mean when you tear it down. and then you'll want some HD springs.

and for MX, you really need suspension more than motor work.

i need to get the quad to my house 1st, then goto indiana to get myquad from my friends house. then i gotta find my box of blaster parts lol take a swing arm out and a set of arms out, then send them to stroker i already have an ex shock, i need to get that bushing kit too, then idk what front shocks but i really dont care atm...

banshee shocks are good cheap, but a set of works would be a lot better, but cost more money.

definitely the most important part about an mx quad is getting the suspension set up so that you can use all the power you make, and you don't beat the hell out of yourself

ASR +3's on a budget, long travel if at all possible....if i had the money to blow for sure....

SMS +5+1 long travels
Custom built long travel +3 swinger with round carrier
Durablue or lonestar axle
gusset the frame
beadlocks
ITP quadcross pro tires
fox floats all around would rock too.....
can't forget hydro brakes

well hey, i just posted up a thread in the project, suspension catagory, so if you guys could give me your input with what is said there thatd be siiick