HELP!!

Logan546

Aug 24, 2015
Was riding in the woods and a tree limb went through under my front fender and back past my carb until it hit my airbox. Right as it happened my blaster started to idle crazy high so i quickly shut it down and pulled the limb out and checked around my carb to see if it knocked it off of the boot anywhere, it didnt. My carb does have TORS but the wire is cut off. I have throttle pressure, how do you adjust the idle on the TORS? I messed with the big flathead screw ontop of the TORS under the seat but that didnt really change anything? Hopefully the limb just knocked my idle up. Any other input? Kinda pissed off now...

Last edited:
In an effort to close the idle screw ontop of the TORS, as i was turning it, it made a snap sound and the screw moves very easily now... Oops? And hasnt made a difference in idle. Oh yeah, and full choke kills the engine and half choke brings the idle down from a rising idle.

Last edited:
I had that issue where I had to bleed my injector system I am going to remove it once it runs out of oil but 2 rides in I noticed the oil level didn't move lol. Almost like it was getting very little oil.

Reactions: Oneshot
No it didnt pull the oil injection hose off, i felt around both sides of carb, its not sucking air anywhere, i cant seem to find any rips in the air boot... I took ny carb completely off, the throttle slide is open about a half inch, is this the issue? I tried giving the throttle slack up by the adjuster but it doesnt make a difference... And its not a high idle where it just stays at a high constant RPM, the idle keeps getting higher & higher until i cut the engine or pull the choke out. Is the throttle slide supposed to be open at all when idling? Maybe it bent my throttle cable...

I would say you need to fix that idle screw that you most likely broke. Even if that's not the problem, after you messed with it, you are going to need to set it again at some point. If its the problem then you need it to set your idle down, if its not the problem, once the problem is fixed 95% chance you will have either too high or too low of an idle and need to adjust it

And its not a high idle where it just stays at a high constant RPM, the idle keeps getting higher & higher until i cut the engine or pull the choke..

This is classic symptoms of an air leak !! Are you sure the cap or TORS brick is tight? Good gasket? Double/tripple check everything with the carb. Flex the intake boot looking for cracks. Retorque reed bolts. If no problem is found, I suggest a leakdown test.

Something happened in accident that is causing the problem.

I just ordered the Motion Pro TORS Eliminator Kit along with the Idle adjustment screw, locking nut, drill bit & the thread tool. Once these parts come in on Tuesday-Wednesday of next week the blaster will not be started at all. While im there i will loosen the 4 reed bolts and re-torque them. As for the gaskets they should be good i would assume, its been about 3 hours since the Top end was done.

Not sure what it all involves, but did you do the break in technique? I will have to look it up. Or did you just assemble it then decide to go riding?

3 heat cycles and rode around the yard for the first tank of gas. Literally just fueled up and this was my first real ride lol