HELP!!!! YFZ450 Trade for ZX11 Motorcycle

jmorrison

Dec 29, 2011
WI
Hi all,
I need some advise. I have a 1997 ZX1100 BB at 3500.00 and i found someone who wants to trade me a 2006 YFZ450 that is built it has brand new crank and rod
brand new main crank bearings
new 97mm bigbore piston and rings =480cc
brand new cylinder
brand new ProTec ceramic coated exhaust
rejetted carb
K&N air filter
I will attach some pics of the YFZ450. I need to know if this is a good trade or not. Any pros and cons on the YFZ450. Any help will be appreciated.
Rob

Attachments

• 100_1458.jpg
    100_1458.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 285
  • yfz (2).jpg
    yfz (2).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 331
  • yfz (3).jpg
    yfz (3).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 216
  • yfz (4).jpg
    yfz (4).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 255
looks pretty straight forward, if he can prove the engine work that was done to it, and u wanna do the trade and it runs good i'd go for it....

looks like a good trade to me, just make sure to do the oil mod and the zip tie mod. the oil mod is very important though because they starve theirselves of oil, probably the reason the engine work was done in the first place. yamaha's design was for track only and all the jumping would splash the oil around to lubricate it, but engine failure due to oil starvation was the outcome. as long as you do the oil mod you'll be set for the engine, and the zip tie mod gives you MUCH better throttle response.

another mod i thought of after posting that gives you a good 3-4 hp gain is the cam mod, so if you trade (which i think is a good idea, just saying haha) you should do the oil mod, cam mod, and zip tie mod. the cam and zip tie mods aren't needed, but improve performance (zip tie mod eliminates a bog that these bikes have).

Thank for all the help. I read about the oil mod and seen a vid on Youtube, so I just emailed him and asked if he did the mod. (still waiting for his reply) I havent head about the zip tie mod though. Can you be more specific on that one.
I was hoping to trade for Banshee and some cash. He said that his 4 wheeler will beat a banshee no problem and all size Raptors. He said its extremly fast can you see in the mods in my first post about the wheeler what is so good about it that would make it so fast?? Here is a link to my ZX1100 if you want to take a look at it.
ZX11 Kawasaki for Trade and cash

Thank for all the help. I read about the oil mod and seen a vid on Youtube, so I just emailed him and asked if he did the mod. (still waiting for his reply) I havent head about the zip tie mod though. Can you be more specific on that one.
I was hoping to trade for Banshee and some cash. He said that his 4 wheeler will beat a banshee no problem and all size Raptors. He said its extremly fast can you see in the mods in my first post about the wheeler what is so good about it that would make it so fast?? Here is a link to my ZX1100 if you want to take a look at it.
ZX11 Kawasaki for Trade and cash

well i know for a fact it didn't beat a banshee unless the rider had no idea what they were doing. as for raptors, it probably did beat all raptors, raptors are heavy and would only win on top end and they take a while to get up to speed. as for the zip tie mod

and if you don't know what the cam mod is

and i'd say the guy hasn't done the oil mod and HAD to rebuild the motor due to that. but even if he hasn't, i would get it, and here is a vid on how to do it

hope this helps!

EDIT: don't listen to his rambling on, you don't have to send your motor off and can just take the side cover and oil pump from an 07 and put on your 06 and come out alot cheaper if you get the parts used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks alot everyone. For all the good advise. He is driving out this weekend to do the trade. He also told me that he did all the mods and has built with his company over 40 of these motors. Plus the motor is a 480cc with the new bigbore cylinder and +1 crank kit. He says it puts out about 49HP at the rear wheel.
rob

i'v had 3 yfzs and there the worst quad out of the 14 i'v had i wouldnt buy one gain unless i got it real cheap but thats just me ,very unreliable and have a long feeling to them when riding them. that one looks nice though