Help wont start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blaster2695

Jul 1, 2009
i was slowly riding my blaster when it made a strange noise and shut down and now when i go to start it it has no spark

are you sure there is no spark? earth a plug connected to the lead and kick it? it could be reeds...mine did that once, cruising along and just cut out and wouldnt start, the reed petal had snapped off, replaced it and one kick start!

k well somebody told me that the reeds had to do with somthin else but ill definatelly get on that thanks 4 the help

Loosen those big round clamps holding the rubber air pipes onto the front and the back of the carb, remove the needle and carb piston that the throttle cable attaches to at the top of the carb, it just unscrews...it may be tight and may need a pliers or something, the carb should come out then. You will now see for 10mm hex bolts holding the rubber pipe as it flares into a square onto the barrel. loosen them and take it off, your reed cage will come out with that, there should be 4 petals (fibreglass flaps) if one is gone, its snapped off and thats your problem.
Be careful not to damage any gaskets and dont lever the inlet off the block you may hurt the metal mating surfaces, otherwise its really simple, try keep things clean and get as much dirt off the parts before you start, you dont want that much in your carb!
good luck

Dont forget to take off the oil feed pipe to the carb before you pull and snap it off! its on the other side of the carb and cant see it, ive forgotten that before and DO NOT forget to put it back or else you will be fixing alot more then bust reeds afterwards..