help with clutch push lever please!!!

johns781

Jun 16, 2010
boston
have 2002 200, having a problem with my clutch family member rebuilt bottom end. put rest together myself. goes in gear but when i pull in clutch lever does not go into neutral or do anything, i think has something to do with the push lever. any help would be greatly appreciated

goes in gear but clutch lever does nothing have old spare engine same thing whem i move the lever doesnt go in neutral

Ya I would venture to say that the clutch is out of adjustment, or it could be hung up. Try adjusting the cable at the handle bar lever if it helps then it is out of adjustment.

another thing to try is grab the clutch lever, and roll the quad forward and backwards, the plates may just be sticking if it has sat for a while.

its most likely the push rod and ball inside the clutch. it is wat makes the whole clutch work when u pull the clutch in. heres what you do

take the clutch plates out tilt your bike to the right (if your sitting on it) and jerk it a little. put down a towel or something so when the little tiny ball bearing and push rod comes out you will know. if it doesnt come out try pulling the leaver. if it still doesnt come out then your family member didnt put it back in which means you need to order one. they are really cheap 5 dollars for the rod and like 24 cents for the ball lol.. here look at this it may help..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here we go again, lucky im just copy and pastin this............... it took me 4 or 5 times to get this right, very frustrating, do all this with the cable disconnected at the hand lever so it doesnt effect the internal adjustment, open her up, loosen the locknut and screw, back it out a little, (the adjustment shaft in the middle of the clutch basket) then where the cable connects to the motor lever,theres a notch that lines up, look on the clutch lever for the little point and a mark on the case, line these up, make sure it doesnt move while adjusting, a freind would be good here, then move to the other side, tighten the rod in with a small straight screwdriver till you feel it touch, then i think i read somewhere to back it off 1/2 a turn,then tighten the locknut, <<<<definately use locktite here, mine almost came loose, and thats disaster, then reconnect the cable to the hand lever, and adjust your slack i also did this with the wheels off the ground, so i could spin them with the clutch lever pulled in,to see if the wheels spun free, or if there was engine lag as i released it, before i put it all back together

I think bagobonez is right the ball and rod are the problem. either the ball was lost in the rebuild or the rod is out of adjustment. use awke instrucitons to get it adjusted right.

thank all you guys...think i got it all straightend out push rod and lock nut were stripped, took off spare motor. have to tourqe down and locktight tomorro, goes into neutral now clutch lever feels good, but kept cable on while ajusting, will that really cause problems? feels fine now with engine off.

Boston Represent.lol You should be fine.If it feels good now and you still have some adjustment at the lever you should be fine.Take it for a rip and let us know

its most likely the push rod and ball inside the clutch. it is wat makes the whole clutch work when u pull the clutch in. heres what you do

take the clutch plates out tilt your bike to the right (if your sitting on it) and jerk it a little. put down a towel or something so when the little tiny ball bearing and push rod comes out you will know. if it doesnt come out try pulling the leaver. if it still doesnt come out then your family member didnt put it back in which means you need to order one. they are really cheap 5 dollars for the rod and like 24 cents for the ball lol.. here look at this it may help..

Can i install the push lever assembly, with the clutch completely installed, i pulled it out, and im having trouble getting it back in

Uploaded with ImageShack.us