HELP with blaster rear end disassembly

Scspeed

Aug 23, 2009
My yamaha blaster began to shake real bad and move side to side, it would also click and make almost like a snapping noise. I checked the axle and also the chain/sprockets and they dont really look bent or if it is its not enough to make it do what it is doing. I believe the problem is in the rear end possibly a bad bearing?

How to i get the axle out to check the bearings in the rear end?? I tryed to take off the large nuts on the left side by the sprocket but i can not get the nut closest to the rear end to budge. Is there an easyer way!?! How can i check my rear end??

you have to get the nuts off and take the sprocket hub off and bang the axle out....then pound the old bearing and seals out and put the new bearings and seals in put the new bearings in the freezer for awhile they will go in better

you have to takethe outer nut off first its a locknut. adter that pull the sprocket hub off and hit the axle..i suggest spraying pb blast or somthing like it anround the axle first.

yup, some penetrating oil and a pipe wrench with a pipe on the end of it for more leverage. If your in no hurry, let it soak for a day or two, oil it up multiple times a day.