help!! script nut in frame!

dirtyblaster

Mar 26, 2007
okkk.... the nut thats welded in the back of the frame which holds the silencer on and the grab bar is script! its smoothed completely!

is there anything ic an do to fix this problem or will i need a new frame??!!

any help is apreciatted

do u have a tap and die set?......those r good to have around..just tap out it out to a bigger size, and it would be convenient to do the other 3 as well.

yep a tap will do the trick.

It will have to be a metric tap. Go buy a metric tap and dye set. They are expensive (prob close to $100) but well worth the money. Or you possibly could buy a single Tap but you would need to know the size. To figure that out take your bolt with you and match up the threads on both the tap and the bolt.

BUt I still roccomend getting a whole tap and dye set. It will save you more times than you expect. And you may not have to go to the next largest size try the correct size first, if the bolt doesnt hold then you will have to go a size larger.

yea my dad is going to get a tap and dye set bc i strip bolts out too much lol

yep a tap will do the trick.

It will have to be a metric tap. Go buy a metric tap and dye set. They are expensive (prob close to $100) but well worth the money. Or you possibly could buy a single Tap but you would need to know the size. To figure that out take your bolt with you and match up the threads on both the tap and the bolt.

BUt I still roccomend getting a whole tap and dye set. It will save you more times than you expect. And you may not have to go to the next largest size try the correct size first, if the bolt doesnt hold then you will have to go a size larger.

I just bought a tap and dye set with both SAE and Metric from AutoZone for $30.

i did the exact same thing when i first got my blasty... thinkin a pro circuit silencer would fit just right with stock exhaust... more damage then good! stripped nut inside the frame as well and eventually it put too much stress on my header that it broke it off

wow this thread is ollllllllddd well being cheap i just drilled out threads into my grab bar lol mofo is thick aluminium so its been holding good

The auto zone set is not a real good set at all it is junk...
I got one from snap on and love it it was the best money i have ever spent.
It is made out of a much better metal.