Help Needed Asap

bdydrpranger95

May 8, 2011
i have a 03 blaster and im trying to remove the tors and im kinda confused on the 03 andup version with what all needs to be done i know you need to unplug the actual tors device on the carb and on the throttle the part im confused on is under hood with the brain what all needs to be done because doesnt some wires need to be spliced together any help will be greatly appreciated

i tried to search the forums and im unclear at what needsto be done

Unfortunately i can't offer help on this one because ive only owned 03 and under and its a lot simpler on the older version

the part thats confusing me is he says at the end of the write up

" Lastly, strip the ends of the wires and splice the yellow and black wires together where they have been cut. (you must splice both sets).

Here is what you should have - (hood side shown only, though you must also splice rear set)"

i thought all you needed to splice was the wires together thats leading into the ecu so its fooled and that was it but he states do both sets?
whats the rear set?

the part thats confusing me is he says at the end of the write up

" Lastly, strip the ends of the wires and splice the yellow and black wires together where they have been cut. (you must splice both sets).

Here is what you should have - (hood side shown only, though you must also splice rear set)"

i thought all you needed to splice was the wires together thats leading into the ecu so its fooled and that was it but he states do both sets?
whats the rear set?

splice together the set that goes up to the throttle, and the set that goes to the carb ????
thats what i read ??? never done an 03+ myself

On mine (a 2005), I snipped out all the TORS plugs from the harness and did the green wire mod. To do this, unplug all the TORS switches. Dont splice anything together yet. Now find the green wire coming out of your stator plate (Its one of 5 wires, and the only green one). Take a jumper wire and ground this green wire out to the engine or frame. Fire it up, and your TORS should be bypassed altogether. You can then cut or tape up all the un-needed wires without splicing anything. Im pretty sure this will work. (Its been awhile since I did mine). Dont cut any wires until you're done. Hope this helps!