help me with compression check

austin

Jul 14, 2009
Georgia
hey guys, i was trying to check the compression on my blaster when i realized my gas tank was held on by one bolt. i took the bolt off, blocked flow and lifted tank off.. was this really stupid? lol do i need gas flowing too check compression, does the added pressure of the fuel reduce psi because i was recieving realllly high pressure.

hey guys, i was trying to check the compression on my blaster when i realized my gas tank was held on by one bolt. i took the bolt off, blocked flow and lifted tank off.. was this really stupid? lol do i need gas flowing too check compression, does the added pressure of the fuel reduce psi because i was recieving realllly high pressure.

na i wouldnt think so just hold throttle wide open i recently had mine rebuilt and reading was 120

thanks guys, bad tester.. luckily have two of those little jokers layin around. the weird part is i have absolutely no clue the last time that motor has been rebuilt and it is still pushing a little over 120. is that normal?

dang. i thought it was 20. but you are probably correct. either way im planning on a rebuild soon!