help getting this nut off

dave280zzz

Feb 4, 2008
toledo ohio
I need some serious help getting this nut off. I have tryed just about everything. I cant believe 14 year old kids rebuild these motors. Im 240 lbs and have a breaker bar and cant get this to loosen. I did the trick i saw on atvmc.com where you wedge a washer in with the clutch basket back on and all that did was crush one of the ridges on the basket, nice. any ideas would certainly help. thanks in advance, dave

Attachments

• !BUlge6w!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjEEjlLmY6sPBKORMsnrl!~~_144.jpg
    !BUlge6w!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjEEjlLmY6sPBKORMsnrl!~~_144.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 114
you can put a penny in between the gears to keep it from turning...i have had to use two pennies doubled up on a couple quadracer engines in the past.

A bigger hammer??? No really though I have a 3/8 IR cordless impact I keep around the house, I used it to take my whole blaster apart.

just to throw this out. i dont know if its applicable here but make sure you are going the right direction on it. i dont know for sure but it could have reverse threads. just an idea.

it doesn't have reverse threads and I would not do that to the balancer shaft, put the clutch back on and a penny/rag on the clutch basket, definately an impact