It fires when I push start it down a hill but won't fire when I kick it

• Air leak

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • carburetor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Patience is a virtue.
(The "I just want to ride" syndrome)
If you tear it apart without testing, you still won't know if it was leaking, plus, after you get it together you still have to leak test to make sure all that you did isn't leaking.

How about you concentrate on one thing at a time, it is obvious that you cannot multi task.

Do school, finish it, then do the Blaster.

I guess I have plenty of compression and did not blow my top end. Something electrical

If you determined you have compression. Now it is time to do a leak test. this is definitely the next step. please don't skip it.

So I will remove 5 nuts and then pull of cylinder head. Does anymore have to come off for a picture.
??? there should be 6 nuts on the head, and 4 at the base of the jug. 1st rule of leak testing is to make sure your tester doesn't leak! As said leak test before disassembly to find any current problems

It's just stubborn and cold blooded. I think my problem is is that I've never drove a clutch before and I didn't quite know when I got it and I killed it in a gear and then I'd have to push start it. If you push start it and kill it in neutral, then it'll fire every kick. I think I just have user error and I need to break in this new engine.

Just a newbie who didn't know how to work a clutch but now does. I'm really glad there's nothing wrong with it. For now....

I appreciate your guy's help and concern. If I ever have another problem I know exactly where to go to find the information I need:) like you guys said you learn from your mistakes, I for sure learned from mine.

I own and have owned a lot of 2 stroke ATVs and I have never needed to push start any of them.

Well its firing every kick now so I ain't questioning it. Just gonna take it easy on her.

Well I have one more question. Where can I buy good front right tire ball bearing?