HELP! Engine idles high then bogs down

Found this chipped off today. Will this matter?
1394055209947.jpg

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/

I caught in a pic that your had a 5 wire stator. Thats 03-06 TORS removal. Try eliminating it this way and see if it helps you.
Ok I have it running not revving anymore and it idles for a minute and wants to die. I notice it smoking more than usual so I'm thinking my rings are shot. Just ordered a new set so hopefully that will solve my problem. Also the piece that broke was laying under the bike. I must have done it taking off the damn card so many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
im confused are you saying the carb part that chipped solved the problem. if you just recently blocked off oil injection then yes it will smoke more amyways more then likely.???

time to take out that 70psi compression tester you got lol. regardless whats wrong you need to address that gaskets issue i think you said you replaced them again not sure the reason its important is because your engine will overheat if it has a airleak or lean condition then you can kiss that motor goodbye.keep on trucking if you removed the carb messed with it know it runs better then maybe you still got some adjusting to do. i can only imaging you got some excess fuel in your engine from running like crap for so long .check compression again it should be at 120psi i would assume. maybe try a diff comp tester :)

time to take out that 70psi compression tester you got lol. regardless whats wrong you need to address that gaskets issue i think you said you replaced them again not sure the reason its important is because your engine will overheat if it has a airleak or lean condition then you can kiss that motor goodbye.keep on trucking if you removed the carb messed with it know it runs better then maybe you still got some adjusting to do. i can only imaging you got some excess fuel in your engine from running like crap for so long .check compression again it should be at 120psi i would assume. maybe try a diff comp tester :)
Rings should be here next week. After i install new piston rings and top end gasket i will comp test and post my results.

Rings are for compression on a 2 stroke. On a 4 stroke it will cause it to smoke. But you had low compression so maybe rings didn't set correctly?