Hello...

Blasterman2000

Oct 24, 2010
NW Indiana
Yo....what's up....my name is Mike.....live in Crown Point, In.....just got a 2000 Blaster.....been working on it....and lurking here for a while....got it fairly done...runs fine....and have used a lot of tips from members here,it has a Vitos HD clutch, FMF Gold series pipe, Power Core2 tail....shaved front fenders(just did that tonight), LED head and tail lights...flipped front wheels....modded grill....drilled air box lid....Twin Stage air filter...fabbed front fender braces....I love the quad....fast as F*ck....scares me, and I'm used to fast vehicles....also have a XT350 project bike.....will post pics when I get a chance.

welcome!... and yes....cool pup...kinda wish mine was small and innocent and unable to get into trouble... my great dane went to the vet yesterday and at 13 weeks he weighs 32 pounds! he's going to be a beast...... but welcome none the less

Thanks for the welcome Guys.....the pup in my ava....is the newest addition to the family....his name is Pooter...he's a Chiweenie....cool little dude....at the time of that pic he was only 3 weeks old.....now he's 8 months....he loves to watch me work on stuff, and usually sits between my legs if I'm crouched....and just watches me...he's 13lbs now...and won't get much bigger. But enough about him....fenders turned out better than I thought....now it looks like a mantis ready to strike...question....know this has prolly been answered, but don't have the patience to search, what type of oil to use with the clutch? synthetic or conventional, or does it matter....

ok....here's my set-up....Vito's HD clutch....Castrol GTX Syn/Blend....good? bad?.....clutch is slipping on hard acceleration....might have to re-adjust it. Anyone drilled and tapped the clutch cover so it can be adjusted without having to drain and pull the cover? thinking of doing that, why didn't Yamaha do that like Hondas? Just sayin.....

Uploaded pics.....
IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

The Silver is where I taped it off, then sprayed it to get a visual of how I wanted it to look, the top pic is of the final shaved fenders.....got plans for the back fenders, you'll have to wait til get that done....and when I get more blades for the dremel....will be cool as f*ck!.....gonna be a 3-d type of thing....but on the cool side....and functional

Last edited:
Keep in mind...that as with anyone with a project, this is a work in progress, so all the pics I post, things will change.....uploading more as I type this...anyone who has some cool ideas, please let me know....I have unlimited ideas, but limited funds......have a boost bottle on the way, and a new Tusk front bumper....uploading pics of my neighbors 95 Blaster project.....side-by-side....his is bored .20 over, carbon fiber reeds....jetted re-built carb.....problem is, he has the stock exhaust.....so I spank him every time.....mine supposedly has a 240 kit....not sure without pulling the head, and not doing it now....but...I can and do waste him....

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics.....they weren't when I took them.....