Hutch's build-up

Hutch

Jun 25, 2012
Well I got my first blaster about 3 weeks to a month ago. While I did not tear the whole thing down, I've done a TON of work to it. It came with, and FMF gold series fatty witha power core 2 silencer, Boysen reeds, K&N air filter, bored over 2mm, TORS and oil injection delete, 01 shocks, 00 motor, old crappy pillow top grips, Renthal bars and foam, Moose Racing nerf bars and nets, DG front bumper, and body and swinger skids. When I first got it:

imag0667ig.jpg

By a5outlaw at 2012-06-30

imag0665c.jpg

The kid I bought it from said he got it from a guy who used it for oval track racing, so it has a 4 inch spacer in the back right. I flipped the spacer around to the outside of the rim to get it back to stock width becaue I was hooking to many bushes and saplings with the axle. The front fenders and gas tank cover were painted rattle can black, it was chipping and they painted over some stickers so my friend and I striped the paint back down to the yellow plastics. After that we wet sanded the whole thing with 500 git paper to get the skuffs and other crap we missed. Going back to the racing aspect the quad had no lights or any remneants of light (i.e. brackets, switches) at all. I went out and got some wally world lights and put them on, along with an O.E.M. healight switch on the handlebars. I also picked up a trailer markerlight for a tail light. I got the strongest double sided tape I could find and threw it on the back of the air box. I just found out it was working tonight when I was out riding around. It must be connected to the headlights some how because when I turn the headlights on it turns on, but when I have the lights off it dosent turn on. I DUNNO! I took the nerfs to my friends to get bead blasted. I then painted them and the body skid with Duplicolor Bed Armor in a can. I also got an air box lid and snorkle and new rear brake pads. Here it is in the middle of everything:

imag0670o.jpg

imag0669j.jpg

imag0673r.jpg

Here it is now:

imag0711c.jpg

imag0709t.jpg

The only thing different is I flipped the lights so they were on the top of the fenders because the lights were right behind the bumper. The only thing it needs now is a carb rebuild and to be re jetted. Tell me what you think! Constructive critisisum is welcomed!

lookin goood bro !!!!

and that is just a tail light, not a brake light, it only comes on when the lights are on

lookin goood bro !!!!

and that is just a tail light, not a brake light, it only comes on when the lights are on

Thanks!!
and is there a way I could wire it so it would work with the lights? Im fine with it just basically being a marker light but a brake light would be nice

Thanks!!
and is there a way I could wire it so it would work with the lights? Im fine with it just basically being a marker light but a brake light would be nice

some 88-02 cable brake blasters apparently came with a brake light, as they were sold in states that required brake lights on every quad, although i have yet to see one

you could wire a brake light switch to work off the rear brake pedal, but you'll need a dual bulb light to have marker and brake, or a dual filament bulb and socket into your existing light housing

more trouble than it's worth IMO

It is dual bulbed, Im just going to leave it lol. The whole point was so no one would ram into me on the trails a night.

It is dual bulbed, Im just going to leave it lol. The whole point was so no one would ram into me on the trails a night.

check to see if there is a brake switch down on the frame above the swinger pivot bolt on the brake pedal side, spring connected to the pedal and is it adjusted right ?

I was just messing with the brakes and didnt see anything like that

I was just messing with the brakes and didnt see anything like that

not sure how many bulbs an original tail light has, been years since i had a stock one
i'd say your's didn't have a brake light originally

you can add a brake switch if you'd like, i even have a few left over from the hydro rear brake kits i make

it's yours for the asking

I love the bumper, its a little bent tho. The guy said it was from when he loaded it onto his dads trailer... i was like did you load it on the trailer in 6th gear?

And awk, one, how would it be mounted, and two, how much?

1...you'll need to figure out how to mount it
2...free, even shipping, won't be but a buck or 2, not worth fooling with paypal

Small update. Here are some pics or what ive done seince the last post.

imag0719i.jpg

By a5outlaw at 2012-07-11

The tool kit in the rear plastics

imag0720b.jpg

The headlights with the LED bulbs

imag0724o.jpg

The brake light I was going on about lol

imag0725p.jpg

imag0726ni.jpg

Did you check the out put specs on your stator ?

Make sure you are not pulling to much with those front car lights.

If you are, you can burn out the voltage regulator.

Are you pulling more than 45 watts for the front head lights ? you want to stay at 45 watts !

Theyre 3 watt LED bulbs, perfect for the stator and really good out put!. If you go into the lighting section theres a DIY for these lights.

UPDATE:
I went to my uncles house this weekend to work on my blasty! I ended up leaving with a Kehin 28mm race carb, new fuel line and filter, a stock raptor throtle cable, and some new sticker horse power ;). Let me just say this blasty is FAST now! The carb and throtle cable give it some really snappy response, and a lot more speed! Lets just say that my second gear is how my forth gear used to be lol

I finaly got the brake light to work light a brake light thanks to awk! Thanks again man!