Hello

jEEp

Jun 1, 2010
Whats up guys. i just got a 2000 blaster, i had it for about 2 weeks i went riding like 3 times and when i took it riding this weekend, i was shifting down and holding the clutch and i heard some clanking and it just bogged down and died, now my compression is lower then it was and it wont start. the only work ive ever done with 2strokes is fixing my weed eaters.

well welcome..sorry it is on a crapy note sounds like u are going to have to do the top end...bore..piston and rings....it is not hard to do.......the clanking is prob due to the piston slapping around in ther prob piston skirt broke?????????????good luck...an welcome

well from what i hear its easy and cheap to do, rebuild the top end. also they guy i got it from told me it was bored and jetted, i have no idea what it was bored to should it say anything on the piston?

does anyone else have problems getting into neutral while the bike is running? lol

top end rebuilds are well, cheaper than a four stroke but still going to cost. but it is much easier! you can strip a top end in 20 mins! my piston skirt brok last week too and was only a year old but the guys who bored it made the clearance too big so the piton was rattling inside and eventually broke. also it was running lean. just measure your bore when you get it open, there should also be a stamp on the piston crown saying 0.5 or 0.75 ect, this the amount of oversize from stock (66mm).

Try changing yout transmission oil to help with the neutral, if its white it means water got in. if so well thats another story...

Welcome, You'll find everything ya need to help ya fix your Blasty here! The people & info are great! I:I

well piston skirts are good, but the piston was chopped up a little there was alot of metal peices everywhere. im gonna get a new piston/ make sure its bored correctly and split the case to see what else i broke and get the piston peices out

welcome to the forum man. i have a 2000 blaster and have had it for like 3 weeks now and today i took it out riding. now mine leaks everywhere. the carb bowl, head, exhaust, everywhere