Hello From Ohio

hotrodjrod

Dec 27, 2007
Dayton Ohio
Well, i thought id go ahead and say hello. Im a newbie. My name is Jerod, but you can call me Jrod, thats what everyone else calls me, well, except for my wife, and she calls me lazy. But anyway. I live in dayton ohio, had my blaster for about 2 years now. And had one when i was in high school as well.

I love this little bugger, but im almost ready for somthing larger. Im 6'5" so you can imagine how goofy i look on it! hahah.

But im sure im just talking mean about it cause its not running right now (see thread in engine section) and once im on it again, i'll be lovin it again.

So anyway,

Hello!

WELCOME TO BLASTERFORUM!!! boom, first one to welcome you!! haha..
anyways, -- hey, im 6'7", and i still ride my blaster, you cant look tooo funny on it :p well, yeah, ill check out engine sec. now... so yeah once again Welcome, nice to see new member

im really excited about this forum. Seems that theres quit a few active people, and they all seem awfully darn helpfull/nice so far.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Read your engine thread. Made me laugh a little. Lessons learned the hard way always seem to happen to me also. My brother-in-law had a yz250. He tried to ride it at 20 degrees once. Long story short, my buddy bought a 01 yz250 for 800 and a topend kit.

I am completely jealous of you. The great state of Ohio is great for riding. I worked up at LaFarge by Defiance for 8 months in 2003. I drove for a 22 straight hours to go home and bring back my CR250. I spent almost 8 months working 10 hours a day, six days a week. Then riding 4 hours a day and all of sunday. It was great time in my life.

I was back in Ohio recently for a friends wedding. They were married in Columbus but the brides father owns a chocolate shop in Circleville. He use to be a huge rider/racer. Needless to say, I bought my 450x in Columbus and took off an extra week of work to ride some of the best local tracks/trails. Wayne National, The Pitts and Hangtime for five days. God it brings back days of buying stretched chains and sprockets on my perdiam! Enjoy your area, they have true participation in the community.

Yea, i love the area around here. Dayton isnt the best for riding, but its surrounding towns to the north are great. Just dont know anyone up there.

Do you know if there are any local community's like this one in ohio?

Ive never heard of The Pitts and Hangtime, where are these located at, and are they public or private?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Actually you have a special community in Ohio. I have seem similiar riding communities in Minnesota (AMA District 23). It is great to find groups of riders that promote there own local OHV parks and tracks. In the Greater Omaha area we are at a loss.( one track and a deteriorating, constantly flooded trail park) We have a small group that get together to improve our riding areas and support young riders. I would give to have the funding that some other states receive.

Now Hangtime is a perfect example of a true Nationals track. It is located on the southern end of Norwalk, Ohio. It is north of Columbus, about 60 miles I think. The track is made for full throttle hits and it has one of my favorite rythmn sections. Wide Open and Hairy!

The Pitts are located in Eastern Ohio. They lay near Hammondsville. Look it up on the web. It is some of the greatest variety of riding. Hillclimbs, trails, mud, rocks. The Pitts have it all. I called Mr. Wittich, the family friend in Circleville, he says that the park is still open. They are planning on closing it soon. Get in where you fit in, I guess. Some sort of EPA sh*t with the soils compesition.

I believe neither are private. Is Wayne National still only five bucks for a day pass? It was a lot of fun with a couple of woods guys. I think we played 'King of the Trail" for a whole day. Man I enjoyed your area. I tend to have to travel about a hundred fifty plus to just find a less familiar ride. Nice to change up.