Hello everyone

BlasterBenny

Aug 23, 2012
Amsterdam
I'm (Blaster)Benny from The Netherlands. We live in a place called purmerend, this is about 12 miles above Amsterdam, where I was born. As a child I was always busy with dirt bikes (still own my first Kawasaki KX80 1981) , and later I switched to pwc's, the last one I owned was a 05 Seadoo RXP 215. Because of the short summers around here I sold the Doo last May. Sinds I needed something to do I bought my son his second quadbike (Suzuki LT80). After his first ride he got scared of it and never rode it again. So I decided to sell it and buy a Blaster instead. I found a 03 Blaster SE with some work, after a serious cleaning job I pulled the top end to see wat I bought. I did some inspection and measurements and came to the conclusion that the shape is not that bad. I ordered a new OEM piston kit, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

7552-blaster.jpg

Last edited:
Since you in tear down mode.

I would recommend replacing the crank seals. They dont cost allot and its simply going to ensure you got fresh seals !.

I know you might not have the tools or ect yet , but reading the manual a few times and asking questions when you get to that point, will help you. There lots of good info on here and people willing to help you.

Crank seals last about 5 to 6 year and then need replaced. or should be replaced after that long.

Especially if you are gonna do a knew top end and have it partially torn down.

And 100% recommend a leak down test.

Sporty

Thanks Sporty, I'll order them to make shore, thanks for the tip. I already read something about the seals, and checked them. But didn't know about them braking down after about six years! Thanks again.

My buddy also bought a Blaster, this one was already jammed/locked when he bought it. When I pulled the top end, the hole piston skirt has came of and was between the crank and the case, the big end also went. We did a full engine rebuild, replaced all the bearings, seals and gaskets.

Welkom!

Hey Benny, I used to spend my summers as a teen in Wassenaar, at the campground there.
Didn't learn much Nederlands, alleen een beetje. All my friends wanted to learn my English.

Glad to meet you.

welcome benny !

yes..... the flush valve stems will allow you to flip the front rims with hydro brakes

Welkom!

Hey Benny, I used to spend my summers as a teen in Wassenaar, at the campground there.
Didn't learn much Nederlands, alleen een beetje. All my friends wanted to learn my English.

Glad to meet you.

Nice, so you spent some time in Wassenaar. Wassenaar is where a lot of rich dutch people live. Did you also visit Duinrell when you was there?

Cheers.

Nice, so you spent some time in Wassenaar. Wassenaar is where a lot of rich dutch people live. Did you also visit Duinrell when you was there?

Cheers.

Yes, actually it was Duinrell where we stayed. Not rich for sure!
Bicycled to Den Haag and Scheveningen, many years ago now.
Lovely place, friendly people.

Not many places to ride a Blaster even then, where do you ride?

Yes, actually it was Duinrell where we stayed.
Okay, Duinrell is nice, i have been there lots of times.

Riding in the Netherlands is not that easy, there is no much space left and de Police is also a problem. X( We ride in De Kuil (IJmuiden), it is beside Tata Steel, formerly called "de hoogovens". In the Netherlands it is not allowed to drive in nature or a forrest.:(

Yes, actually it was Duinrell where we stayed. Not rich for sure!
Bicycled to Den Haag and Scheveningen, many years ago now.
Lovely place, friendly people.

You like KTM bikes? Check my buddy's KTM's:

2012 990 Supermoto
7563-my-buddys-2012-990-supermoto.jpg

2010 530 EXC
7564-my-buddys-2010-530-exc-normal-wheels.jpg

7565-my-buddys-2010-530-exc-supermoto-wheels.jpg