headlight upgrade?

jrn2786

Aug 6, 2010
Brown County, OH
is there anyway to put a different bulb in the existing headlight on a '97 blaster? or whats the easiest way to get more light? this stock one sucks. thanks

you dont need a brighter bulb, you need a better light. illumination is much more influenced by the quality of the rflector and lens than wattage. A good light with a 35 watt bulb is much MUCH better than a crap light with a 150 watt bulb.

mine light up the night really good, and at $8/each you cant go wrong. ive used these for 2 seasons now without any problems.

The one down side of those wally lights are that they cant take the abuse and shake apart. They work good, you just have to mount them so they dont take all the abuse. I wrapped mine with elec. tape to keep the lense from popping out. You get 2 of them, I hooked one up to the low beam and one to the high beam because there 35watt bulbs in each.

is there a way to convert the regular headlight into an HID? has anyone done this before?

it will take a lot of work to make them true HID's but it can be done. this has been covered a search should reveal it.

Here are some pics of the headlight i just made brackets for and wired it up with a 4amp fuse first then a 3amp diode to save the light if my original voltage regulator goes. The light is a 6in 36w 12v led waterproof armored glass light bar. Works great and is pretty bright.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 5,172
Here are some pics of the headlight i just made brackets for and wired it up with a 4amp fuse first then a 3amp diode to save the light if my original voltage regulator goes. The light is a 6in 36w 12v led waterproof armored glass light bar. Works great and is pretty bright.

What is with the diode, if it goes out a 3amps it will blow the 4amp fuse, why not just a 3 amp fuse and save components.:-/

When diodes fail they usually go closed circuit, the light will not be saved by a diode.