Have a couple questions about oil,air to fuel,exhaust

red102793

Jun 4, 2009
I have a couple questions. My first one is about crankcase oil, I heard that 10w-30 is what I should run and I was also wondering if you mixed different wieghts such as 10w-40 what might happen? I ask this because I don't know what the pervious owner put in it. My second question is how you adjust your air to fuel mixture because I took out my spark plug and the prong was black like it's running rich but she still kicks over fine. My last question is that, I have a full DG exhaust and I was just wondering what the general census is? Thanks

Crank case oil-
Alright some people run 10w30, i myself run belray gearsaver 80w.
10w40 i dont see a problem.
air/fuel-
probably doesnt need to be adjusted.
i would pull the bowl off the bottom of the carb(4 screws) and check to see what size jet is in there.
if you plug is really black and wet i would go down a size or open up the airbox.
DG exhaust-
Some say there junk, but really anythings better then stock.

you should be fine, but i would just drain the oil and put new oil in it. no need to mix
the air/fuel screw is the little screw on the airbox side of your carb. usually its 1 1/2 turns out then you can do tweaking to that if its still not right
and so far as DG i would go with specialized7 said...people say they are junk but anything is better then stock. DG is on the line with stock, so not much difference. i would look for a better one like Toomey or Pro curcuit ect
FMFs are popular but not better then toomey or pro curcuit

Yeah you can use 10w30 or 10w40 but drain the old oil out on put 7/4 of a qt oil in the gear box,i use spectro gear oil an klotz 2-stoke an premix it.

I also use TransGear oil. Made specifically for 2stroke gear boxes, but 10w30 works in a pinch, just does not have the right friction additives for clutches. The exhaust, well unless you are a big racer, what ever makes you happy is good. some like good old stock. The mix screw is for idle only, leave it alone if it idles fine. Like said before, if concerned about the plug color, check the jet size, but black is better that silver with aluminum hangin from it.

hey guys thanks for all the help, but I have a couple more questions.How do I drain the oil, is there a drain plug like on a car or is there something else I have to do? Also where do I add the tranny fluid? Just to double check the place to add the oil is just below to the right of the kickstarter correct? My last question is who makes the stock carb on the blasters because mine inprinted on the side says mikuni and where the carb goes into the motor theres a boyseen tag? So I guess it has reeds then? Thanks

the oil drain should be right on the bottom almost like on a car
and yes that is where you put in the oil, its next to the kick starter
and yes your carb is mikuni and if the sticker is on there then i guess you have boyesen reeds! =]