Has anyone ever thought about a turbo?

2 strokes already have a 'turbo' like powerband. A supercharger would make alot more sense but that would be an evern bigger pain in the butt.
I've seen banshee's with them though.

Ya im really having a hard time envisioning how this would work because the power output of a 2 stroke is so dependent on the exhaust tuning that i feel like sticking a turbo in there would upset the exhaust system so bad it may not really be beneficial also you would have to rig an oil tank and some type of pumping system to the turbo for its lubrication and on a bike that doesnt even have a battery and barely generates enough juice to provide spark and light up a head light i think that could present quite a dilemma.

Ya im really having a hard time envisioning how this would work because the power output of a 2 stroke is so dependent on the exhaust tuning that i feel like sticking a turbo in there would upset the exhaust system so bad it may not really be beneficial also you would have to rig an oil tank and some type of pumping system to the turbo for its lubrication and on a bike that doesnt even have a battery and barely generates enough juice to provide spark and light up a head light i think that could present quite a dilemma.

It works and does it well. You lose a lil bit of efficiency but it still works.
How well? Think a stock stroke, stock bore, stock port 347cc banshee making 140hp.
Lots of work, fabing, and $$$$ but thats the truth right there.
Batteries are easy to add lol

This discussion is the heart of what hot rodding is all about I:I. The "What Ifs" The first to bolt 6 or 8 carbs on a flathead Ford, or a supercharger from a Detroit Diesel, Turbo from WWII aircraft.

However, possible and practical can be totally opisite things X(. I agree with the one post about upsetting the expansion chamber efficancy. That's why Paulie makes a good point about superchargers, and maybe forced induction would work better on a piston port or rotary valve engine.

Also have to consider the added strain on an engine. Might make more than double the power, but only survive 1/10 of the time. Top fuel dragster is perfect example. 500ci producing 8-10,000 H.P. for 4 seconds, then everything but block and crank is replaced. BTW, do you realize that it's ONLY about 600 revolutions of the engine?

Do you want REAL 2s power? World's Biggest Two Stroke Engine | Two Stroke MotocrossTwo Stroke Motocross

My all time favorite 2s engine:http://www.aaenperformance.com/V4_racing_engine.asp:oI:I