Hard to start

BigBadBlasterMan

Nov 10, 2008
California
Hey guys I'm new here but i have a question I just bought my 91 Blaster and the thing is it takes forever to get started I mean I seriously have to kick it over for like what seems to be an hour and taking turns kicking it over with my wife before it starts but after it starts and then I turn it off it starts with one kick and I can do it sitting down basically its hard as hell to start but afterwards its easy as hell to start could this be the TORS?? or if not any suggestions on what it could be? thanks for any advice

Mine was the sameway hard to start..Did you check your stator in the case? Mine ended up being acorroded flywheel..I had to purchase a flywheel puller and used a 17mm impact and got inside and was covered with white powder..I cleaned it up with steel wool but while I was in there I installed a new Ricky Stator with a timing advance plate so now it fires every kick and even when I haven t ridden in 2 weeks fires right up..Also check to see if your plugs wet..Make sure its a dry one and try it again..If it doesnt fire than pull plug and see if its wet..This will let you know if carbs shooting fuel..Check all grounds too..Good luck hope I was of any help..Kurt

Also If you havent removed the TORS do it..Theres a how to and trust me from what everybody else says its necessary especially if your wife is going to ride it..Kurt

make sure your tuning your gas OFF when you leave it to sit for awhile. same thing was happeneing to me the first time i got my blasty.

its stock and the TORS is removed its i havent gotten to check the stator yet but i will try to get it done today if i can but my legs get tired trying to start it - lol:-D but i starts easy after the first time and thanks for all the assistance

If everything works right you shouldnt have to kick over so much..It should fire within 2 to 3 kicks cold..When I checked my stator with a test LED was very bright but took flywheel off and had to clean up the flywheel was just making contact sometimes and the bike would fire and once running would run but next day wouldnt..Now fires every kick..LOL Kurt