Harbor freight tools

Any time you buy a air tool or any type of power tool at Harbor Freight you must open the box and inspect it! If the tool has any type of bushings or bearings make sure it spins smooth and freely!
Im the a$$ that opens the box of three of the same tool to compare!

I had to open 3 boxes of the 2" Mini Orbital Air Sander before i found one with good bearings! http://www.harborfreight.com/air-angle-sander-93629.html

Do not buy the elcheapo brand of wire brushes.

The bristles are made of inferior steel and tend to break off at the point of attachment .

This can cause lengths of wire to shed and be flung forcibly through the air which seem to be attracted to ones eyes.

Reactions: rich1

The bristles are made of inferior steel and tend to break off at the point of attachment .

This can cause lengths of wire to shed and be flung forcibly through the air which seem to be attracted to ones eyes.
I've used the brushes with no problems. However proper eye protection should be worn. Always protect the eyes!

Reactions: blasterdemon7

I agree , tried a China 6" on a grinder metal pieces flying everywhere lasted 2 days. Go to Sears and get a good Craftsman that will last you years.

Harbor freight is garbage, I won't buy anything but craftsman and snap on, never ever have a problem returning them, u couldn't give me a harbor freight tool... it would be like sending ur motor to someone like civic over Ken oconnor....bad decision....

Reactions: Awk08
Harbor freight is garbage, I won't buy anything but craftsman and snap on, never ever have a problem returning them, u couldn't give me a harbor freight tool... it would be like sending ur motor to someone like civic over Ken oconnor....bad decision....
I bought a blind bearing puller for instance. A tool that doesn't get used much, but comes in handy when needed. It's crazy, it pulled all my bearings out as intended. Just as good as any in my book. Don't over look their tools. However, I won't buy tools that get used over and over. But specialty tools the "Do It Yourself" kind of person needs occasionally, why not. They are affordable, and get the job done. Just my opinion.

Reactions: 2smoker85 and Awk08
I bought a blind bearing puller for instance. A tool that doesn't get used much, but comes in handy when needed. It's crazy, it pulled all my bearings out as intended. Just as good as any in my book. Don't over look their tools. However, I won't buy tools that get used over and over. But specialty tools the "Do It Yourself" kind of person needs occasionally, why not. They are affordable, and get the job done. Just my opinion.

that /\
my local HF store is infinately more convenient than going to the mall to over pay at sears.
and I surely don't plan on leaving tools in my will as family heirlooms

Reactions: Fast6hand
I like to buy measuring tools and tension wrenches, (the tools that you need to rely on to be correct) of good quality.

The ones that are usually only used once or twice in a life time I tend to opt for the cheaper variety.

When it comes to cutting tools, drills, burrs, stones, easy outs, only the best will satisfy me.

Reactions: 2smoker85
DONT buy electoral tape from Harbor freight, it wont stick to glue!
And never, NEVER buy a electric razor to shave your head from Harbor freight! I learned that the hard way!:eek:
DONT take you wife and kids into Harbor freight. There are some scary people in there!

I like to buy measuring tools and tension wrenches, (the tools that you need to rely on to be correct) of good quality.

The ones that are usually only used once or twice in a life time I tend to opt for the cheaper variety.

When it comes to cutting tools, drills, burrs, stones, easy outs, only the best will satisfy me.
I agree. 100%

Reactions: 2smoker85