had spark then had no spark?

mik

Jan 28, 2014
So my blaster was doin fine then the other day it wouldn't start. I checked the plug and it wasn't sparking when I kicked it (I held it and kicked it to make sure). So I bought a new plug set the gap to 32 (not sure if that's right) still nothing. Then j took the boot off the coil wire and held just the open wires and kicked it and still no shock. Then I seen on here sometimes the tors messes up the spark so I took it off.but with the same result. Now I orderd a new coil off ebay and am waitin on it to get here. My question is if that dosent work what shoul I do? I know to check stator for omhs and cdi for volts or whatever

You can check your ground wires to be sure you have good contact with the frame. Make sure all other connections are good. Some times taking the boot off the spark plug wire and trimming some of the wire off helps.

I did cut some off the coil wire to expose new wire I haven't checked to see if the grounds are on good metal mostley because it was runnin good then all of a sudden stopped. And I watched a video on how to remove the tors.
1. I removed all the tape on the harness
2. Unbolted the tors brain and took the yellow and black wire out of the harness
3. Cut the wires going ti the tors and the common ground
I managed to unhook it all in one piece I have a pic but can't get it on here. Also ther was no spark befor I took the tors off

Just went out and sanded the ground on the voltage regulator and the ground on the coil. I also sanded the to metal parts on the coil ( not sure what ther called they were rusty tho). Got them all to a nice shine and still no spark. But I held the coil and was shocked one time but then not againe. I am starting to belive that ther is a problem with my stator but I'm not sure I font have a tester.

download the manual and follow the flow chart.... stop being a parts changer it will take less time and aggravation if you learn to troubleshoot... you can ohm out the coil and eliminate that as a problem with a DMM... if you find good readings then you move to OHM out the primary and secondary ignition coils on the stator.. I had a similar problem where I would get sporadic spark and it turned out I had a weak secondary. 15min to diag and no changing or wasting money on unnecessary parts

Just went out and sanded the ground on the voltage regulator and the ground on the coil. I also sanded the to metal parts on the coil ( not sure what ther called they were rusty tho). Got them all to a nice shine and still no spark. But I held the coil and was shocked one time but then not againe. I am starting to belive that ther is a problem with my stator but I'm not sure I font have a tester.

You can get one fairly cheap at Radio Shack probably under twenty bucks.

Okay thanks guys and I have looked at the tings that tell u how to check them I just don't have all the tools to test. I looked up a stator rebuild kit and found a high output one for a lil under $70 and a cdi for about $55. I also thoight it might be the woodruff key but I just got my flywheel puller in today and haven't had the time to take the the flywheel off to check gonna try to do that tomorrow I work night shift tonite and the next three so ill be sleepin in the daytime. But thanks for ur info everone