h6 led bulb will this work??

What are you using it for? I'm guessing not a headlight.

LED bulbs don't stand up well to the fluctuations of power that the Blaster gives it. Now if you had a battery, that's another story(not with that light though).

I would have to wire a battery straight to the headlight?? i was kinda hoping this was plug and play lol how can i get this blue look i just want it to look cool i dont ride at night so its just for the "cool" factor

I would have to wire a battery straight to the headlight?? i was kinda hoping this was plug and play lol how can i get this blue look i just want it to look cool i dont ride at night so its just for the "cool" factor

If you don't ride at night, nobody will ever see it anyways during the day. :-/

You can get it if you want. LED bulbs don't respond well to power fluctuations. You might be able to find a really cheap and really cold colored LED bulb at the local big box hardware store.

If you don't ride at night, nobody will ever see it anyways during the day. :-/

You can get it if you want. LED bulbs don't respond well to power fluctuations. You might be able to find a really cheap and really cold colored LED bulb at the local big box hardware store.

A Hardware store?? well what about the tusk ones will they look blue or white??

A Hardware store?? well what about the tusk ones will they look blue or white??

I don't know I haven't used them. Wally World lights looks "white", but not LED white. Lowe's carries various 12V LED lights.

The problem with generic LED replacements for halogens is they typically don't have much power or throw a good beam. Most have around 60% the light output of a comparable halogen unless you upgrade to specialty LED bulbs that cost quite a bit of money(hence why LED off road lights cost so much). Then again, you don't care about lighting anyways.

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to use it for? You aren't riding at night, so nobody will see it regardless.

well its actually for the headlight but at dusk it would look cool sometimes i stay out till dusk but its mainly just so the headlight glows blue and i dont want to tint it either

The tusk bulb is blue tinted but it doesn't fit the older blaster headlight housing.

You could probably "make it fit" with some work...

Don't go LED's unless you are willing to go the extra mile and put in the proper electronics to balance the lighting system. The solid state AC regulator on the blaster won't run an LED without burning it up.

The tusk bulb is blue tinted but it doesn't fit the older blaster headlight housing.

You could probably "make it fit" with some work...

Don't go LED's unless you are willing to go the extra mile and put in the proper electronics to balance the lighting system. The solid state AC regulator on the blaster won't run an LED without burning it up.

Its actually an 04 so the tusk bulb will fit i just dont know if it would look white or blue ill take either one inestead of the ugly yellow color does anyone have the tusk ones??
:-/

buy flex LEDs from a auto parts store and stickem on were you want they bright and water proof i had mine for a year not one problem except the glue on the back goes bad then you zip tie them and you are good to go

How long will leds tipically last i dont plan on having the headlight on for 2 hours straight its just a matter of a couple of minutes and then turning it back off for show but i dont want it to burn out inmediatley anyone ever had led's on their bikes??

An LED (light emiting diode) is a semiconductor not a light bulb, so there is no filament to burn out, so theroticaly it should last forever. Also diodes are what's used for the rectificating of ac current into dc, so there is nothing wrong with using them on a ac system. I have an LED tail light on my Blaster and one on my Zilla, and I use bi-colored LEDs as indicators for hand and thumb warmers on my snowmobile, and all without any problems.

The wire bond or "bridge" is a TINY piece of wire which will burn out under over voltage conditions. Also, the reflector cup and semiconductor well will oxidize under over voltage conditions.

It will "burn up" instead of having a filament to break like a standard incandecent bulb.

Diodes are one-way electrical gates, LED's are one-way electrical gates which emit light while power is flowing the correct way. AC systems flow power backwards and forwards so the LED will only emit light during the "forward" time. Trying to use an LED on a non-rectified system will result in voltage spikes, flickering, poor lighting, and burned out LED's.

The diodes used to rectify AC voltage to DC voltage are heat sinked and rated at the stated full wattage of the system (usually stated as a amperage rating). In the case of the ricky stator regulator/rectifier, it's rated 15 amps at 12VDC.

Using an LED for a headlight (not a low power tailight or indicator light) on a poorly regulated AC circuit like the lighting circuit on the blaster will result in a lot of replacement parts, poor lighting in general, and a bunch of making back out of the woods in the dark.

If you want to run high power LED high lighting system, you need to do a DC conversion with a battery buffer system. It's the only way to get consistent, bright, low power consumption lighting.

The other choice is a DC conversion and an HID system but it takes more power. Usually about 25-30 watts running power and 50-60 watts startup power which means you can only run one bulb (MAYBE two but it would be close to discharging the battery the whole time it was running) consistantly.