Guys I need help...ladys too.

olds68cutty

Nov 22, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
hello all. i have a 2000 blasty with k&n filter and no air box. Also a pro circuit pipe and silencer. when i hit the throttle, it sounds like its bogging out but it will respond from accelerator cable and jump up in rpm. i am talking about quad being parked and in neutral. the main problem i am having is, at times the rpm will jump really high on its own but while it is doing this i can still hit throttle and make the rpm move around. i just rebuilt the carb hoping to fix this issue but the carb rebuild did no good. also with manual fuel switch open i get fuel poring out of the hoses attached to the stock factory carb. WTF is going on????? this has always been an issue and i thought i could fix it but now i am stumped. as far as carb adjustment goes i have tors unplugged so i still use the big adjuster under the seat and the other adjuster next to fuel in. i try adjusting both and i can get my toy to calm down and idle right but next thing you know its screaming in rpm again. thanks all for your future comments and helping me out.

if ^^^^ doesn't work..
go in and check your reeds for cracks/damage... because it almost sounds like what my little cuz's quad did when i first helped him get it running.. and it was cracked reed valves...

Yeah leak.. I would suggest what joedirt5724 suggested on the float...
that is qutie the issue though.. I would get the Vitos TORS elimination kit too to get rid of that unwanted hardware on your carb as well..
But I am new though and used to 4 strokes.. but it sounds like the advice givin is whats going to fix it!