GSXR brakes not working

lazar40

Sep 27, 2010
Fallon, Nevada
I put 04 - 05 GSXR brakes on my 2000 Blaster I "borrowed" the idea from Awk. Thanks Awk. Anyway I got it all hooked up and the brakes barely grab. Definetly wont and dont stop me. I bled em and thy still dont seem to pressure up. Do I need to rebuild master cylinder, caliper and or new pads??? Help!!!

Attachments

• 041512152527.jpg
    041512152527.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 338
  • 041512152537.jpg
    041512152537.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 373
  • 041512152549.jpg
    041512152549.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 388
does it have good/new pads in it ???
very worn pads will not work well if at all

is the pedal pushing the master rod exactly straight into the master ???
if not, it will not push up into the master far enuf to do anything, it must be perfectly aligned
(it looks alinged good)

remove the rezzie lid and keep full of fluid at all times,
pull the caliper off the carrier, flip it so the bleeders are facing upwards, and hold it higher than the master, so any air will travel up and out easier.
pump pedal a few times and hold it down, the open and close the bleeder, only release the pedal after bleeder is closed

i like to do the bleeder near the line first, till no air comes out, just straight fluid
repeat for opposite side

report results, or PM me for further assistance

My gixxer set up was doing the same thing , not enough throw on the master cylinder , I had to make a few different brackets for it to work properly .

does it have good/new pads in it ???
very worn pads will not work well if at all

is the pedal pushing the master rod exactly straight into the master ???
if not, it will not push up into the master far enuf to do anything, it must be perfectly aligned
(it looks alinged good)

remove the rezzie lid and keep full of fluid at all times,
pull the caliper off the carrier, flip it so the bleeders are facing upwards, and hold it higher than the master, so any air will travel up and out easier.
pump pedal a few times and hold it down, the open and close the bleeder, only release the pedal after bleeder is closed

i like to do the bleeder near the line first, till no air comes out, just straight fluid
repeat for opposite side

report results, or PM me for further assistance
Be sure to put a small wrench between the pads so that the caliper doesnt close too much so you can put it back on the brake rotor.

Be sure to put a small wrench between the pads so that the caliper doesnt close too much so you can put it back on the brake rotor.

good catch !!!!! someone has been reading my install tips, LOL

i actually use a master padlock upside down with the tang down between the pads, as it will sit on there nicely all by itself, wrenches seem to always wanna slide out for me