Greasable carrier??

gearhead04

Jun 8, 2009
Has anyone on here just made their stock carrier a greasable one?? I'm thinking about other things to do with the bumble bee build. I would think that it would be doable to drill and tap the carrier and put in a zert fitting??

ya ive seen it done on a blaster. makes it alot eaiser to grease them instead of taking the whole axle out just to have them greased.

i did too, but i did mine during my rebuild and the carrier was all apart, to make sure all the filings could be cleaned out, i think some guys have done this while it was on the bike, so when you grease it, it just pushes the metal shavings toward your bearings, on my '96 i did as suggested and removed the seal from the inner side of the bearings, so grease can get into them, but on this '01, i left the seals in, since they're brand new and i repacked them with good red grease, and am using the grease in the carrier to just keep water out

theres a good grease to use we use on some of the equipment i work on its called termalene grease, but it will keep the water out of anything. best sh*t i have ever seen. its made by bel ray