grab bars

03Blaster

Aug 19, 2008
so does anyone on this site do wheelies and ever hit the back grab bar. or do some 12 o'clock wheelies either on purpose or not lol. what grab bar do you use. i have an AC racing one with handles on the outside and yesterday doing a wheelie i accidently leaned back to far and hit the back bar and it freaken bent. its thick aluminum and bent from one time going back on it.(doing wheelies in 1st gear btw) the stock one held up better.

so what grab bar do you all use that hold up to things like this?

your grab bar is suppose to bend. If it doesn't then all of the energy from the impact will go to the frame and you'll have a bent subframe.

I had a white brothers, never bent the bar but it bent and cracked my sub frame. I had to weld it like 10 friken times.

well it sucks that an aftermarket grab bar will bend a lot easier then the stock one and that pisses me off. yes i did come back on it but not that hard or anything. its 1/4" thick aluminum. it should be a lot stonger then a stock one

your stock bar is made out of steel though, so its going to be stronger then an aluminum one

i knocked the grab bar once, didnt bend and didnt notice anything bent one the frame. but i do have a long term bend somewhere. axles fine, swingarm looks fine but looking down, the right tire is slightly forward than the left. hard to notice, but i wana find out what it is. any ideas?

lol oh the build? cuz no progress since last pics, other than puttin on my orange and black fuzzy dice on the grab bar :) strokers sending the a arms and shocks so they will be like next week. hopefully carb tuned to start with tomorow, and swinger maybe thursday. busy week because im leaving for germany on the 20th, which blows cuz i could put a bunch of sh*t on that week and get it done.

so should i go back to stock or is there another steel one someone sells. im tired of buying ones that just break or bend that easy.

I believe that if you want a steel one, you'll have to go back to stock or get another aluminum one and find the balance point on your 4wheeler and don't bring it over backwards

so should i go back to stock or is there another steel one someone sells. im tired of buying ones that just break or bend that easy.
uh then dont do 12 o clock wheelies, or do them but in dirt not asphalt or cement, if you still want to keep doing them keep stock, it looks good, polish it and your goodB-)

i have the balance most the time. yes i am still learning them but i can do them perfect 95% of the time. i would never do a wheelie on ashault or cement lol. i only bought an aftermarket one because i thought it would be stronger then stock

eh id rather bend a bunch of grab bars then ever bend my frame but thats just me.
the only times ive ever gone to far on a wheelie is when im in the grass and i usually end up falling off the quad in the process haha

Put some little wheels and shocks on the grab bar.
35jb1g8.jpg