got me 2 blasters

ktmblaster

Nov 20, 2008
well I just traded a s10 for these 2 blasters. First time owning a blaster, my friend has one and have messed with his but thats about it. It is my 2 two stroke so we will see how I like it. They done have titles but I ran the numbers and they are good. The yellow/purple one (soon to be yellow/black) has fmf fatty pipe and fmf silencer, 300ex shocks on front thats all I can tell.
the blue one has a pipe (forget the name) and some weird slip on.
these are both pretty fast for what they are. these are the only pics I have right now from the last owner, they are a lil older so the blue one is missing nerfs now.
plans:
clean both carbs
paint yellow plastics black
nerf bars for both
fix exhaust leak on blue one
new front wheels/tires on yellow (has bent rim)
grab bar for blue one
new bars/grips for blue one
fix back brake on yellow one (has wierd hydro brake)
adjust clutch cable on yellow

when I get some money I will probly get +4 swingarm, widening kit for front, g-force axle, new rear tires.
Im just glad to be back in the game. I will probly try to buy a 400ex or something like that soon cuz im a lil big to be on a blaster (5'11'',190lbs) but they are just a blast to ride.

98blaster.jpg

99blaster.jpg

so what do I need to know about blaster? anything I should know?
I will update pics when I can.
thanks
kyle

I can tell you that the yellow one has a maire hood!!!!

But Idk about 2 blaster for a S10 truck...what year/condition was this truck in?

Sweet, what year S-10 did you trade? I'll trade black plastics for all your yellow plastics or we can workout a deal. Hit me up.

well they both have holeshots on the rear and the blue ones got a AC front bumper if u didnt know that and the blue ones got a FMF graphics kit

ya the oil is blocked on both of them so I got premix
the s10 was an 86 s10 regcab. with a 305 v8 in it. It needed a lot of work for it to be street worthy and I missed having a 4wheeler so I jumped on this deal. the s10 was prty rusty also I only had about $1000 in the truck

so thats a maier hood? I knew it wasnt stock but didnt know what brand.

also I searched around and it seems that 300ex shocks on the front are not a common mod. Any one have any thoughts on that? seems like a lot more travle tho

your not too big for a blaster im 5'11 too and im fine my bros is prolly 5'9 220 and he said he doesnt feel cramped either.. than bar risers and extended swinger youll be set

ok so im gona take some more pics tomarrow but I was looking at the rear brake set up on the yellow one and it has a hydro rear BUT it has two hoses runing to the caliper and then from the brake pedal it has a cable that attaches to the front brake handle???

So the cable starts at the front brake lever then down to the rear brake pedale then 2 hydro hoses to the caliper?? I never heard of anything like this Got any ideas?
thanks
kyle

ok so im gona take some more pics tomarrow but I was looking at the rear brake set up on the yellow one and it has a hydro rear BUT it has two hoses runing to the caliper and then from the brake pedal it has a cable that attaches to the front brake handle???

So the cable starts at the front brake lever then down to the rear brake pedale then 2 hydro hoses to the caliper?? I never heard of anything like this Got any ideas?
thanks
kyle

im pretty sure its a after market hydro kit..