got a 2001 yz 250 for my blaster

well i got the dirtbike today and it doesnt look to bad....there is one spot on the motor that is broke..looks like the chain may have broke it.....but it has a fmf gold series head pipe. the silencer is pretty beat up so im up for suggestions on the silencer....vforce reeds...so now all i have to do is get it out of the frame send the top end off and check out the tranny.... so here is some pics of the bike.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

All this swap talk makes me want to swap in my air cooled CR500. I wont, but one can always dream...

Good luck with the swap.

John in Vegas

3 saturdays of riding and the frame is cracked in half all the way threw the front mounts... and thats stock motor with a junk clutch

I'm always curious bout hybrids. Any chance of sum pix of those frame cracks? Sorry bout the thread jack.

hey i got a question when i actually get the motor in how can i run a headlight...is there a kit i can convert it so i can run a headlight...any ideas

well my motor is finally tore apart and its a mess gonna have to have 2 gears a shift fork and probably a crank and a top end rebuild, one case is is busted and the radiators arent in that great of shape either so the motor is gonna need ALOT of work so im debating on just putting that money towards the blasty motor and forgetting the 250 whaddya think?

heres the motor in pieces

if the blasty motor still runs i'd leave that in and save up my pennies to build the yz250 up and REALLY be able to rip

if the blasty motor still runs i'd leave that in and save up my pennies to build the yz250 up and REALLY be able to rip

yah this is true but for the money that he is going to spend unless he finds some kick azz deals. he could port the top of this blaster and do a few more things. but a built 250 would haul !

that's what i'm saying...leave what he's got in it for a while, and build up that yz motor to just ridiculous power. changes of underwear will be closer together afterwords lol

me and my buddy did a kx 250 in one and man what a ride it was it would rattle you off it after a 45 min ride but thats if you could hold on to it the whole time :)

yep im just rolling the blasty motor for now trying to catch some parts on ebay that i need but i guess a 2001 model is scarce for the parts i need, but i do have the motor in pieces in the shop waiting on new parts if i can stop ordering stuff now lol....what i really need is a frame the i can do this motor swap in so my bike isnt down for too long. it would be nice to have a frame completed and powdercoated

Popular? ... maybe, but I haven't seen many followups raving bout the results... :) I think this one's gonna fly!
Yeah alot of peeps jump into it thinking to have some monster everything eater not thinking about how the engine sits in the frame, sprockets lining up, hacked up pipe.... Then they end up with something that never runs right and numbs you after a rip down the road and sell it to some fool.

But the few that turn good ( like yours ) are very sweet!!! :) I respect anyone who can build a clean hybrid thats at least 70% thought out, its alot harder then it looks. Sure you can slap the engine in there in an afternoon, but theres alot more to it.