Gopro wheelie practice :P

Xero

Jan 8, 2012
England, UK.
Recently been practicing wheeling on my predator 500, and my mate said how he'd seen me improving andf ask if I wanted to borrow his GoPro to record it :D admitidly their not the best but im deffinetly getting their with practice :) Next time im out im thinking if i lift up in 2nd and switch to 3rd i can keep it up aslong as i want so ill be giving that a good practice! :)

Also BIG News! :D .. my friend rides a Yamaha R1 and he was in a competition to try get worlds fastest 1km wheelie or something like that, he hit 141.8mph for 1km and next year he's starting up a wheelie school and he's asked if I wanted to go into buisness with him and I teach people to wheelie quads! .. how could I get a better job if i tried!?! I:I so until then it's gonna be practice practice pracice.. also ordered my own gopro hero2 for xmas! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blasterfreek30
pretty good wheelies, looks like a fun little place to ride

thats all mine wants to do is wheelie.. those lil 18's on the rear scoop my front up easy. :) ,,

Thanks guys :p .. alot of people say the predator is hard to wheelie due it it having the PRO Steering and such but i find it's quite fun to wheelie! :p

pretty good wheelies, looks like a fun little place to ride

It's not to bad, we pay £10 on a sunday 11am-3pm so it's okay as theirs me and a few of my mates that go, their is 3 set out tracks and we can just do what we want really but we are annoyed because we were promised jumps which as of yet we dont have! X(

I wish I could wheelie half as good as that!! I SUCK!!!

All comes with practice! I:I

wheelies on a 4 -stroke are a lot easier i found out yeterday

Noooo way, my blasty lifted sooooo easy and was ALOT easier to keep up, yes, you can wheelie a 4stroke at slower speeds but 2stroke are easier to pop up with the powerband being sudden once it hits the front end just lifts, I could get my blaster to pure power wheelie, no clutch in 4th gear..

I love the point in the wheelie where you catch balance and can go pretty slow. I've ridden long wheelies acrossed a field with my blaster. Start in second, hit the balance point, switch to third and putt and keep the balance up... but don't go too far!

lookin good everone starts somewhere. you want to get a good feeling at where the balance point is. once your rpms max out in tbe present gear get the bike to that point an jab the clutch shifter an throttle and you'll be in the next gear before you know it. its tricky trist me i learned on a yz125.

4stokes tend to be MUCH easier to wheelie because of the wide torque they put out.

<SOME SNIPPED>
4stokes tend to be MUCH easier to wheelie because of the wide torque they put out.

Easy for you to say, you were on a Husaberg 450. Most 4 strokes do not make that sort of torque.

271_29548750802_8815_n.jpg

It would power up wheelie at 60 mph! No pulling. And hold it up on power on the over-rev!
It would not be so easy on a DRZ400 or KLR650,

although that YZ125 taught you a lot:

271_29547070802_4691_n.jpg

I remember you could pull that 125 up at 50-60mph too
That took a lot more skill to do than on the Husaberg.

I do believe this is what you call the balance point:

271_29548740802_7866_n.jpg