good upgrades

qaudracer711

Sep 24, 2010
meridian,ms
can somebody tell me what some good upgrades for my blaster i have 1500 budget i no like rad valve,exhaust what else is good upgrades and what is a good clutch to put in it brand?

heres my take on upgrades, in order, ebay for budget minded, good used stuff where possible..................

1. Oury grips

2. works shocks up front, elkas if you can afford them
and at least a 400ex rear shock

3. rims and tires, my choice is banshee/warrior/yfz rims and rear hubs to
match, tires....holeshots/razrs or kenda's 20" rears and 21/22" fronts

4. full hydro brakes front and rear if ya don't already have an 03+

5. intake upgrades.... carb, vf3 reeds, uni filter and cfm airbox

6. right bend pipe/silencer f7/lrd/dynoport, , they'll let you grow if ya decide to go bbk or ported stock cylinfer

7. i'm leary of the availablity of bbk pistons, so a ported stock cylinder/head mod is my choice, as is ken oconnor racing to do the work

these rest i add as i find good deals....renthal or equivilant bars, bumper/grab bar, nerfs or at least yfz heelgaurds, skidplate, ez pull clutch lever
and finally splurged on wider a-arms, axle and extended swinger
as for clutch kits, i've heard good stuff on the cheapy tusk kits, but the "driveline specialties" or "barnetts" are prolly the best, IMO, as is all of the above of course

The awk brand is the best...lol

thanx for the props bronco, and yeah, my gsxr rear hydro has become pretty popular, being direct bolt on
as for the fronts, i have yet to see a better made, most bang for the buck, kit than the norman420 set-ups

the ex shock will bolt up with some bushings from ken and the banshee front are direct fit and they handle a little better. elkas or works are even better than those of course

if you plan on gettin it ported and a lil motor work get f7 and for your budget you could do quite a bit

will the banshee shocks make it higher or lower? and whats a good exhaust system one that not gonna hurt my wallet?

they make it a lot better over stock and a little bit higher than stock, i have a bills pipe and i love it ive seen them for a decent price on ebay before. but there kinda hard to find, and there site isnt up and running right now,