gets spark but will not start

I feel that I must bring up a point of discussion.

Premix, even though it contains oil has zero lubricating properties.

It should never be inserted into the plug hole of any engine to aid starting.

It acts as raw fuel and washes the cylinder clean of oil.

The internal combustion engine is designed to run on atomised/vaporised fuel, not fluid!

2 strokes derive their lubrication from the oil in the premix coming out of suspension and pooling in the bottom of the crankcase.

The oil is then picked up by the crank and thrown around to supply lubrication to the moving parts.

There will always be some residual oil laying in the crankcase to provide lubrication, therefore it may be ok to give a short, sharp shot of starting fluid, but I would prefer not to and use a shot of premix from an atomiser bottle instead.

Last edited:
I do have one question my blaster has been idling very high how would i adjust that? is it on the carb?

if you have stock carb take your seat off its under there turn to left to decrease,also airscrew setting is right by intake boot,on carb,on shift side of your quad

if you have stock carb take your seat off its under there turn to left to decrease,also airscrew setting is right by intake boot,on carb,on shift side of your quad
should i start it while adjusting it? or just adjust it then start it? its a little weird it idles fine for a minute then it just revs up by itself

with the leak down test do you have to leave it running? i'm kind of afraid to leave it idling as high as it does sometimes

before you start pulling your motor apart lets get everyone all reved up again. how high is it idling? like 1-2k? or wayyyyy high? if its really high im assuming you have a bad air leak on the intake side or you accidentally ran the idle adjust too far in. if its low, i would spray a little starting fluid around the intake seals and wait a few seconds. if it idles higher, its leaking there. but remember all the horrible things everyone is saying about starting fluid.

by the way, is twiztid as in juggalo or just a coincidence? where are you from?

Last edited:
It is impossible to check the internal seals with the starting fluid method.

My guess this engine has never been leak tested.

if adjusting the idle does not fix the idle problem, take the pipe and carby off and perform a leak test.

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain when the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

my point was that if the motor ran fine up until the carb got clogged up and then he pulled the carburetor and reeds out, It's probably an air leak with something he took off. I'm not saying he shouldnt leak test but its probably something stupid. I leak test once a year unless the motor comes apart for something.

before you start pulling your motor apart lets get everyone all reved up again. how high is it idling? like 1-2k? or wayyyyy high? if its really high im assuming you have a bad air leak on the intake side or you accidentally ran the idle adjust too far in. if its low, i would spray a little starting fluid around the intake seals and wait a few seconds. if it idles higher, its leaking there. but remember all the horrible things everyone is saying about starting fluid.

by the way, is twiztid as in juggalo or just a coincidence? where are you from?
it was really high but i looked at the top of my carb where the tors unit is was unscrewed lol yea as in the juggalo i like his music but not crazy like some people are about them im from st paul virginia

check to make sure top of carb is tight as well they come lose, so basicaly pinning itself..:eek:
thats exactly what it was. it seems to come loose alot is there a way of making it stay on ive tried tightening it but im afraid of doin it too tight