gets spark but will not start

twiztid1

Mar 18, 2014
I have a 95 blaster that was not getting any spark the person i bought it off of said it just needed a new cdi box so i bought one still no spark also bought a new ignition coil still no spark. I downloaded a manual to test the ohms everything checked out except for the wire from the kill switch it was not reading at all. So i searched on here for some answers one person mentioned that you should take the black/white wire off of the cdi box so i unplugged it and finally a spark but it would not start i drained the gas and mixed the new gas 32:1 bought a brand new ngk spark plug and it will not start. I also read to do a compression test so i went and bought a compression tester and im showing 130 psi and have no clue on what else to check or do any help would be greatly appreciated. btw i am new to blasters

Clean the carb and set float levels, Check in on your reeds to see if they are not damaged, check to see if nice steady stream fuel is flowing to the carb.

Welcome to the forum too!

check your reeds as stated above, try starting fluid and if it runs with that you have a fuel delivery problem, dont spray too much because starting fluid isnt lubricating

i plan on cleaning the carb as soon as possible i do have a steady stream of gas coming from the hose when i unplug it from the carb. how do you tell if the reeds are bad, again im sorry if it sounds dumb to some people who are more experienced never had one before. with the starting fluid where should i spray that in at? Is it a good idea when cleaning the carb to go ahead and buy i rebuild kit say off of ebay?

Take your carb off the intake boot and look in on the reeds. Check to see if they are cracked, chipped, or missing. A flashlight will help you see them easier.

I'd try a good through cleaning of your carb first before buying a rebuild kit. Make sure all its cleaned well then blow out all passages with some compressed air.

blasterdemon7 im going to go with your advice and just not use the starting fluid, dirtysquared ill look at them tomorrow, if they are bad would that cause it to not start? Once i clean the carb how will i know if i should get the rebuild kit?

dirtysquared ill look at them tomorrow, if they are bad would that cause it to not start? Once i clean the carb how will i know if i should get the rebuild kit?

Sure will if their bad. For the rebuild kit, if you get into your carb and its More of a Mess than Britney Spears was a few years back, It might be a good Idea.

All jokes aside, Get in there, get the jets cleaned out well, set the Float, and see if it will fire :)

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-clean-your-carbureutor.254/

be sure you got a real small flat head screwdriver or you wont be able to take pilot jet out,and you need to soak that s.o.b for awhile,you should be able to see thru it in the light when it is properly cleaned.

also make sure your not missing any parts cuz it will give you hell in the long run,they all need to be there.
02 blaster carb.gif

Not hard at all. Just take your time, read up on here, and you'll be ok. I read that your new to Blasters, this is a great way to start learning about them.

Not hard at all. Just take your time, read up on here, and you'll be ok. I read that your new to Blasters, this is a great way to start learning about them.
yeah im new to them, I just don't want to mess anything up on it but i am going to go step by step with the thread you posted on here. I know there is a for sale forum on here but if any of you also know someone wanting to sell a muffler for a decent price would love to have it

when you pull float bowl off,bottom of carb be carefull slide it slow and straight so you dont pull on the floats to much,get carb cleaner somewhere,and take off main jet plastic splash guard and washer,then take out pilot jet it is way up in there hard to see,soak them in carb cleaner clean float bowl,then if your not comfortable doing anything else at the time,replace everything if you got enough courage clean the rest of carb as explained on here,youtube prob got videos of how to do it as well.