Gearing

TheSchreibs

Jul 23, 2013
Merrill, Wi
Im just trying to figure out what kinda gearing i should get for my blasty.
my sig has all my mods on my bike beside the fmf system that is in the mail right now!

Im gonna be strictly trail riding and possibly ice oval racing eventually. In the winter im gonna be running 4snows and i believe those are 22s.

i just replaced the chain this last month and just put a 12t front sprocket on. i havnt really ridden the bike much at all, just a few test runs in between mods to make sure it still works properly.

yes i know i should replace the rear sprocket now but i wana figure out what gearing i should run before i buy one.

im thinkin i should probly run a 12/42 with them big 22s for winter(lakes and trails). but yes in the summer on my 18s thats a pretty low gearset(i want all low/mid power! dont care bout top end as much).

My power will go up nicely from switching from the sh*t dg to the nice fmf, so idk if is should just wait to see how the 12/40 works and then just order another 40 or what. this is my last mod that im trying to figure out before i really sit down and think about doing a timing mod. help!

Always, always, always change both sprockets and chain otherwise you will have a clongomeration of mismatching chains and sprockets which will eventually let you down.

Yea I know this, I havnt driven more than 10 mins on the bike since I put the chain on it. I wana figure out what gear set I'm gonna do before I order a rear sprocket now or if I need to do a different front too

It really depends what speed you wish to reach as to gearing.

My lad runs MX with a 12:40 combination with 18" rubber.

Not a lot of top speed, but a stack of get up and go!