G'day all

Jimmbow

Aug 6, 2010
Hi all, my name is Jamie.

Been reading the forum for a few months now and thought I would drop in and say hi and make it official I:I. I live in Australia and have just bought myself a nice little 96 Blaster and have to say the Blaster is better than I expected from reading. I am loving it so farI:I.

cheers
Jamie

hey there. you might be the first aussie on here, not 100% sure. welcome aboard, and where in aussie you ride? i heard there is some sweet dunes down there.
i will be the first to say it, pics please

Thanx for the welcome. I live in Canberra and will do most of my riding around here or in the Blue Mountains. We have a fair few nice dune locations here in OZ which I plan to be hitting as soon as I can. It is odd that I would be your only Australian member as we have what seems to be a lot of Blasters here? This is a great forum and I think there might be more Australian members if not there will have to be a lot of regular readers (if not, I would like to think that they are all missing out on some great reading?).

I am also a paraplegic rider. I have done a few small mods to my blaster for me to be able to ride it comfortably such as moving the clutch to the right hand side and putting on a granny (hand) shifter to the gear lever. works well and I am loving it so far. I am soon hoping to install electric shifting to make it just that little more comfortable to rideB).

Before the Blaster I had an automatic Chinese quad, which was fine to use while putting around the camp site and similar but when it comes to some more serious ridding/jumps... the Chinese bikes just don't have the heartB). I have replaced the gears in the gearbox (cvt) on my old bike twice due to the bike not liking jumping at all and am so glad that I now have a real bike that will handle harder riding easier than the little Chinese bike. Also loving the huge power difference that the Blaster has over my old Chinese bikeI:I.

Cheers
Jamie
blasterforum.jpg

Damn dude i tip my hat to you. not many people would have the balls to ride in your situation. i'm pretty sure you are the only austrailian on here too. spread the word over there. this is the place to be if you own a blaster. welcome aboard mate.

i like the perrywinkle frame :p jokes, those read tires look over inflated to me, its a clean looking bike though:) i agree with the 400ex shock, i love it

I thought that about the tires also. I checked them today and they were at 20 psi? I thought that is much to high and checked on the website for the rear tires and found that they are only supposed to be at 5 psi, does that sound about right?

Cheers
Jamie

I thought that about the tires also. I checked them today and they were at 20 psi? I thought that is much to high and checked on the website for the rear tires and found that they are only supposed to be at 5 psi, does that sound about right?

Cheers
Jamie

ya thats a good tire pressure, i usually run my razr's at 3-5psi and my bear klaws 2-3psi.